Alchemist's Oracle

skyfiery

I finally decided to go ahead to purchase this deck since I'd bought The Wild Unknown a few months ago. Gorgeous pictures and colors. I did a one-card draw with it and it highly pertained to my situation right now.

lark

I got mine to and love it ...I don't love the card stock though...and my book is falling apart...
so pretty disappointed about that.
The glue on the spine gave way after the first day.
The oracle itself is wonderful and pairs very well with Wild Unknown.
The card stock has a black back and it chips easily and it is that kind of shiny, stickyish card stock.
I was so hoping for a nice thick matt type like the Wild Unknown.
For the price the stock really should have been better.
So I get no joy out of handling it and I do love a good stock ..."sigh"
I guess I'll just have to love the deck, and put up with the card stock.

skyfiery

So I guess I'm not the only one with some dissatisfaction about the card stock but love the imagery. I'm wondering if using some fanning powder to smooth the cards out would help with shuffling (because I had a hell of a time trying to shuffle or even slide the cards around).

I took a look at the book but am unsure if I'd use it much. So maybe it'll keep...maybe...

lark

So I guess I'm not the only one with some dissatisfaction about the card stock but love the imagery. I'm wondering if using some fanning powder to smooth the cards out would help with shuffling (because I had a hell of a time trying to shuffle or even slide the cards around).

I took a look at the book but am unsure if I'd use it much. So maybe it'll keep...maybe...
Fanning powder might help I'm going to try it...and maybe an edge treatment to help with the chipping.
If it is ever republished in a better stock I will buy it, but to bad we have to hope for that.
Yes, be careful with the book...I just looked through it on the first day and the spine let lose, no rough handling either...

The Happy Squirrel

Seriously! There must be another way than paying more than half the price of the deck just for shipping!

Welcome to our world :) Almost *all* decks for us down here are like this. Half or more of our costs is in shipping them over!

Madrigal

Welcome to our world :) Almost *all* decks for us down here are like this. Half or more of our costs is in shipping them over!

I've since ordered a couple of decks overseas, including the AO, and feel your pain. Shipping costs are often prohibitive or at the very least a real deterrent. I've got to really want the deck to pony up half as much more for shipping.

I spent a week using the AO with the WU and loved the combo. Previous comments about cardstock, backs etc all apply but it was an enjoyable pairing.

The Happy Squirrel

Felt too much like the Wild Unknown for me sadly. I was *this* close from getting it....

skyfiery

I've been working with the AO along with random tarot decks daily since I received it, and I've to say that this is the oracle that just clicks really well for me. I decided to go ahead and try reading for others as well as myself, and coupled with the tarot, the messages have been pretty much on the dot.

I haven't referred to the book a lot, which is probably why it's still in one piece.

Overall, though, I'm quite happy with the AO.

Madrigal

Felt too much like the Wild Unknown for me sadly. I was *this* close from getting it....

That was my initial reaction, too. The medium used in both decks, pen&ink line drawings + watercolor, is very similar but as it's an oracle deck the similarities diverge wildly from there. I bought it to use specifically with the WU and I had a great couple of weeks with it awhile back. Something to think about if you're into combining Tarot and Oracles for your dailies. I didn't consult the LWB much but all in all very pleased with the deck.

lark

I used it this weekend for a few client readings they were a very nice addition to the reading, pretty on point and people were really drawn to the cards.
Very happy with them...except for you know that card stock...I'll shut up about that now.