Arcana playing card deck - Chris Ovdiyenko

Nemia

I just discovered these decks and the artwork looks splendid! What a wonderful idea to combine playing cards and major arcana.

It's on my ever-growing wishlist... and I'll keep an eye on this thread!

violetdaisy

I got my expansion a week or 2 ago as well. Love the 2 jokers & the alternate king swords ... Haven't played with them yet but I've looked through them a few times to admire. I'm just *working* on other things now that deserve my full attention. :)

Madame Squee

Madame Squee, did you get the larger boxes that will hold a full tarot deck as well?

Hey garmonbozia, I didn't order the boxes (due to budget constraints), but they look wonderful! I'm a big fan of sturdy boxes, but for now, I'm keeping my Arcana decks in tarot bags.

Here's Lee's thread in Tarot, where he does a really nice, thorough review of the deck and mentions the boxes, as well...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=264841

YES! My expansion set and both decks arrived yesterday!! :party:

And I am so pleased with them! The artwork and appearance of antique scratchiness are my cup of tea. Plus, the card stock is absolutely perfect for shuffling -- like butter, which is just the thing for my old hands and thumbs. I'm putting everything else aside for the next few weeks and focusing on these decks. :heart::heart:

Belinda2

Neat thanks for sharing! Yes these are from the same creators of the oracle playing cards that I own, I see that I can order the coins from it.

Nemia

They have a Black Friday sale today, and of course I could NOT resist and ordered the dark version. The international shipping is also very low. I couldn't let that chance pass by, could I? could I??????

Nemia

And it has arrived! I'm so happy with this deck. It looks great and feels like playing cards. Smooth and robust. A deck that asks to be handled a lot. This will be my to-go deck for tarot patience. The suits are fine with me, that's also how I read my German playing card suits.