Cartomancy-The Aces

Phoenix Rising

Well I've been a bit busy lately, and having put much effort into our cartomancy study, so I thought I'll get the ball rolling again and look at each number grouping.
Not only what each of the numbers mean, but also what experiences you have found with the cards, as they may not always be text book.
Please add your experiences, your observations and any questions about the Aces in this thread.

Firstly the Aces will be very similliar to that of the tarot. Being the first, it's solar value is one and represents the "Sun" or "creator" So it is shaped like a pencil, a finger even a penis, so it is action and is ready to get moving. It is masculine in nature. So new beginnings, one true place, one identity, one focus.

The Ace of Diamonds(money,values,posessions)
My interpretation is of News about financial matters, something new like a gift, a new asset, a ring. Usually for me this card has come up as an account or bill, where money is gained or spent(on something new) Even a prize, because it is new. It's a fresh money card, not an old one! Interest on money in bank is new.
I got this card for my weekly reading, when i received my "New credit card" it is new and is financial! You see?

Ace of Clubs(communications, work, action)
This card comes up for me when there is communications via email/phone/internet/letter. And legal papers! And new opportunities, so we have something new again. Starting a new opportunity or job, a new idea! New effort, because it is a club, an effort is required. But the Aces are always good to have around, because we know there will be new starts and freshness. So news of a new opportunity or job.

Ace of hearts(love, family, friends)
Everybody's favourite..that new love or news about family, normally good, weddings, engagements, birth! But more traditionally "The home" Home is where the heart is.
But could indicate the heart literally! this card next to a illness card, health problems with the heart! One love-faithfulness and loyalty too!

Ace of Spades(challenges, health, wisdom)
I've come to really appreciate this card, it has had a bad wrap in the past, but you will find more about this card Here My experience mostly with this card is it indicates an official building like a insitutute, government, a big organisation. As this ace in particular symbol is much larger, but you will see when you read that link. So a new change here with this card as well.

As I put the 4 aces together, I ask myself, now "why do these cards have the letter A instead of number 1? where all the numeral cards have their number values? So the symbol and letter must have some other significance too, that which is yet to be revealed.....If it symbolises the creator then it must have something to do with the 4 natures of man and nature too. But I would like to leave this open to the board, if anyone else can give there opinion on this.

Pocono Platypus

Hi everybody

The Ace of Spades -- it must be for digging in the garden. Haven't we all done a lot of spade work?

I fell off the AT wagon last month -- you see I got on this dating site and met some lovely ladies, so you can't blame me -- Anyway, I'm back.

Phoenix Rising

Nice to have you back Pocono. And good on ya, for having a little fun too:*

Fulgour

Nigel "Ace" Jackson

The Tetraktys has been called it the Perpetual Fountain of Nature, as it was held to contain the ratios of mathematical harmonies underlying the whole of creation and revealed the emanation of all things from the One and the involution back into that Unity through the Dekad.

The Pythagorean Dekad:
The Tetraktys and the "Gods of Number"

1. Monad: Also termed Apollo, Sol, Zeus, Proteus, Chaos, and Eros as the original Unity and Primal Essence, the One; Taxia ("Order").

2. Dyad: Called Juno-Lucina, Luna, Rhea, and Diana, it is the principle of Duality, the first reflection of the Divine Mind; Analogia ("Equal Proportion").

3. Triad: Called Vesta, Latonia, Thetis, Tritogenia, it represents Harmony, Perfection, the threefold Goddess.

4. Tetrad: Known as Hercules, Bacchus, Bassarius, Pan, Cyllenius, who holds the key to the Four Elements of Nature.

5. Pentad: Called Pronoia ("Providence"), Athanaton ("the Immortal"), corresponding to the Heavenly World and Mercury as the Quintessence of Aether, the Fifth Element.

6. Hexad: Called Venus, Persaea, Amphitrite, Hygeia ("Health"), it is known as the Number of Wedlock, Marriage, and Generation, "the Reconciler."

7. Heptad: Sacred to Apollo, Minerva, and to Mars, titled Telesphoros "Far-Bearing," it represents the ethereal vehicle of the soul; Akropolis ("the Citadel").

8. Ogdoad: Called Dike ("Cosmic Justice"), Law, the Steadfast, and All-Harmonious; also holy to Saturn, the Fates, and Vulcan, it symbolizes perfect equilibrium and balanced equality.

9. Ennead: Called Prometheus, Proserpina, Oceanus, and Horos ("Horizon"), it is the holy number of the Spheres of the Nine Muses.

10. Dekad: Anangke ("Necessity"), Ouranos, and Mnemosyne ("Memory"); a number sacred to Janus, it symbolizes the Cosmic Cycle, the Wheel of Time, Fate, and Eternal Cyclicity (Anakuklosis) originating from and returning to the original source; the Number of Kosmos.

In the Pythagorean-Orphic Mysteries, initiates swore their oaths upon this sacred symbol that encapsulated their most secret doctrines concerning the soul's immortality, cyclical reincarnation, and the concepts of number underlying the laws of the cosmos.

Phoenix Rising

Wow now thankyou Fulgour!

Cielo

ohh great, how did I miss this thread?! Luce are we back on track?! :)

Phoenix Rising

Yes we're back on track darlin...how are you this mornin?