Dotti Soprafino

Aeric

I'm interested in Il Meneghello's 1845 Dotti deck. I haven't seen enough online scans to make up my mind, but I noticed that Dotti returned some of the traditional Marseille elements, including the Devil with two imps, and the Moon's lobster on land. Are there any other changes?

I've read that De Vecchi Editore produced a larger version of this deck with Laura Tuan. If it's still available, what's the proper title of the book and deck?

shaveling

I've read that De Vecchi Editore produced a larger version of this deck with Laura Tuan. If it's still available, what's the proper title of the book and deck?
I got my copy in Montreal some years ago, The title of the book (which is in French) and apparently the boxed set as a whole, is Les Tarots. This thread mentions Spanish and Italian editions. I haven't seen anybody mention an English version. The ISBN number on my box is 978-2-7328-8343-4.

Aeric

Oh really! I happen to be going to Montreal in a few weeks. Do you remember where you got your set from?

shaveling

I bought it at Librairie Quartier Latin, or maybe it was called Librairie Nouvel Age then. It isn't listed on their website, but maybe it's worth a phone call to see if it's in the store, anyway. The same goes for Le Valet d'Coeur. Biosfaire does list it on their website.

Apparently the Librairie Quartier Latin is no longer located in the Latin Quarter. That's a pity for me, since it used to be a short and pleasant walk for me to get there when I visited Montreal.

Le Fanu

I know the answer to this... But I've just had a huge dinner and feeling rather lethargic. But I shall try.

I have the Spanish edition, "El Tarot" of the Laura Tuan set and I blasphemously decornered the cards. Just been to check the isbn and it is 84-315-2257-7. Different from the one quoted by shaveling. Published by Vecchi. Dated 2005.

I also have the Meneghello edition. Nicer, more compact, but very glossy finish. Despite this, I prefer the latter - the Tuan edition is unnaturally large. You look at it and know that it couldn't possibly have been originally published that size. The Meneghello - forgetting the lamination -feels more autentic.