21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

Starling

Step Two - RWS - 5 of Swords

We are on a dock. There was just a fight, and I lost it, and my sword. Behind me the winner stands with a smug look on his face. At least it was smug the last time I saw it, but I've turned away from him. In front of me my friend is sobbing. He is standing closer to the water than I am. It is a rotten day. The sky is blue, but there are storm clouds all over it, so the day is pretty grey. I'm not sure how I am feeling as a walk away from the victor, and towards my friend. I wish I had won, but it was just one of those things and I know I can recover. I'm not so sure about my sobbing friend, or about the victor. Sometimes winning can be as bad for you as losing.

coyoteblack

Starling said:
Step Two - RWS - 5 of Swords

Sometimes winning can be as bad for you as losing.

That can be so true.

dadsnook2000

And, also . . .

And, also by the time we win something we often no longer really need it. We are ready to move past that and on to something else. It truly is not winning the game but how you play it. Dave

Starling

I was rather surprised that I chose to see this card through the middle character. Not the winner. Not the person overwhelmed by his loss. But the person who seemed to be just walking away after the conflict. I hadn't read the book yet, but in a tape that Mary Greer put out a decade or two ago, and which I had just listened to a week ago, she described this step and specifically mentioned writing this step out from the viewpoint of someone other than the main figure on the card. So that was what I did.

I'm not sure if she says that in the book as well since I'm catching up on my reading and have just started reading the Step 2 material.

bryghtrose

Step Two: Robin Wood Tarot, 2 of Swords

I am sitting on a cold, stone archway, that is partially crumbing. The sea howls behind me and I can feel every wave as it crashes against my seat and takes a small bit of it away. I'm wearing a thin white nightdress, but it's long and tangling about my feet. The wind blows right though it, and I'm shivering. I'm holding a sword in each hand. I've raised them, and crossed my arms over my chest. Partly to keep warm, and partly because I don't know what else to do with the swords. My hair is also windblown, and I can feel it whip against my face, but I can't see it, because I'm blindfolded. I hear the wind and the sea, but I cannot see where I am. I'm too afraid to move, but sitting here makes me even more scared: what if my seat collapses? What if I'm flung into the sea?

It's night-time, and there is a crescent moon high above me. A storm just passed, or one is coming in. I can't tell. Or maybe this is the eye of a hurricane and I'm only momentarily safe from the elements. There aren't any stars out, not that I could see them anyway, only the moon gives light. The moonlight reflects off my two swords. I can feel them held tight in my fists, pressed against my shoulders. My right arm is crossed over my left, so that I'm hugging myself in a dangerous embrace.

My feet are bare. I feel the cold stone underneath me. If I could just move forward, my feet would take me where I needed to go, but I can't move just now.

kwesifriends

I think this is more harder than the other lesson let me concentrate.

kwesifriends

Step Two - - Fey Tarot, 8 of Swords

[1/3] 8 of Swords from Fey Tarot

I'm a young girl naked sitting at the corner and tied up with a red cloth, been captured and lost in the battle. Watching a sword and thinking of something. I want to leave in here and I want to be free like the other fey having fun playing and socialize. Is it my destiny to fight for or there is still an answer. I'm looking the sword like putting my anger to the sword.

[sorry everyone I'm not good at this kind of explanation and I have hard time with 8 of Swords,]

Starling

Everyone has a hard time with the 8 of Swords. It is a very hard card. I think you did very well putting yourself into the card.

kwesifriends

Step 2: The Fey Tarot, 2 of Pentacles

I'm a big fat mama wearing a orange shirts and a long pants and a beautiful clown shoes. I love my hair clip with a cute chopsticks. I love stars and I love always entertain and sitting in a cozy carpet. "This is a cute pentacle in my hand I don't know whose the owner of this? Oh theres a green fairy dancing yay thats a very entertaining. Your doing great thanks for that entertaining acrobatic. I'm so lucky the stars are coming out and the weather is so dark. I wish this fey will lighten my day."

kwesifriends

Starling said:
Everyone has a hard time with the 8 of Swords. It is a very hard card. I think you did very well putting yourself into the card.

Oh! thanks starling your great also yay hehehe have fun learning!