new to astrology

spinnachie

I'd recommend The New Compleat Astrologer by Derek & Julia Parker. (Minderwiz, my apologies if that's what you meant by "Parker's Astrology.")

The website astro.com, already mentioned, has a lot of valuable information, for free, in addition to its ephemeris and chart-calculation tools.

Also, check online to see if there's a local astrological society or meet-up (check meetup.com) or simply classes taught by local astrologers. Real-life people will have real-life books that they might be happy to lend to you.

I'd hold off on buying software until you're completely facile with using and interpreting the charts offered on astro.com. Astrology software is pricey, imho, and not needed unless you're turning pro.

yes I won't be buying any of the software just yet...i have looked online and i agree it is way to pricey for someone who is just dipping her toes in for now ;)

Briar Rose

I have the older version of the Parkers's kit, and I love it! I've had it for years. The new one seems delightful!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parkers-Ast...05210?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3f3b571ffa

I also bought an astrology dictionary so I can understand the lingo.

Then I bought a set of about 10 basic astrology books on e-bay for about $35.00. I am glad about that!

It was very difficult to learn the little I did, and I ended up turning back to crystals. But I am glad I kept everything for reference when I need it. And I know a little bit. But if you feel you have a calling, you should go for it. It's involved, and studying a lot makes it finally comes together. Sometimes you'll be hearing words and the meanings for the first time. But then after that ,you get involved and hear them again,and you know what's being said!

All the best on your journey.

spinnachie

I have the older version of the Parkers's kit, and I love it! I've had it for years. The new one seems delightful!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parkers-Ast...05210?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3f3b571ffa

I also bought an astrology dictionary so I can understand the lingo.

Then I bought a set of about 10 basic astrology books on e-bay for about $35.00. I am glad about that!

It was very difficult to learn the little I did, and I ended up turning back to crystals. But I am glad I kept everything for reference when I need it. And I know a little bit. But if you feel you have a calling, you should go for it. It's involved, and studying a lot makes it finally comes together. Sometimes you'll be hearing words and the meanings for the first time. But then after that ,you get involved and hear them again,and you know what's being said!

All the best on your journey.

Thanks Briar Rose...and yes I know what you mean about the lingo...sometimes I have no clue what I read means lol but I know if something gets super confusing I can always post on here and have the wonderful people lend a hand ;)