what does ten of swords say paired with...

velvet moon

Hi, so in a reading for a client, our first question was 'what will x's next action be in regards to y (the querent)?'

I drew three cards. The first card was The Ten of Swords. I immediately felt uneasy, like
oh no, he's going to back stab her, or hurt her in some way (seeing as we're asking for an 'action') the second and third card were, the two of cups and hanged man.

I'm really confused by this combo and how the ten of swords can play out into the two of cups and then the hanged man.

I told her my initial reactions were, something, possibly a misunderstanding will cause her to feel hurt by him but that this would open communication and a pathway for him to show some loving action and the hanged man could indicate the release of the original misunderstanding but that I had to think about it :) she was happy to wait for more insight.

later I wondered if the two of cups could somehow be a pity date or a 'letting someone down kindly' I just don't understand the ten of swords here... I guess this combo could mean a second woman involved. the two of cups is such a 'you and me' card, though' i see the three of cups as a third party involvment.

P.S this isn't the full reading btw, we asked her next actions taken toward him and then the result, very interesting but want to clarify the ten of swords before deciding if I need to be posting in my readings.

Emma313

10 of swords - not in a good place to be doing very much let alone starting a relationship

2 cups - describes an attraction and general desire for love

Hanged Man - they realise its not the right time right now

I dont know what the action will be, possibly postponing any action, the Hanged Man is a major card, a card that does show (among other things) a kind of responsibility and more self awareness and of situations than is often given credit for

Personally I dont see anythng real bad, this person is adjusting after a bad patch, one to take slowly

velvet moon

10 of swords - not in a good place to be doing very much let alone starting a relationship

2 cups - describes an attraction and general desire for love

Hanged Man - they realise its not the right time right now

I dont know what the action will be, possibly postponing any action, the Hanged Man is a major card, a card that does show (among other things) a kind of responsibility and more self awareness and of situations than is often given credit for

Personally I dont see anythng real bad, this person is adjusting after a bad patch, one to take slowly

thanks! so maybe the ten of swords action will be distancing himself from her and if two of cups shows some desire for relationship and the hanged man is sort of the self sacrifing action then this might cause him to act unintentionally harshly (ten of swords) because it's a struggle to remove himelf from the connection they've formed (two of cups) ? (i'm trying to focus only on the one card so I don't get in trouble hehe)

Emma313

thanks! so maybe the ten of swords action will be distancing himself from her and if two of cups shows some desire for relationship and the hanged man is sort of the self sacrifing action then this might cause him to act unintentionally harshly (ten of swords) because it's a struggle to remove himelf from the connection they've formed (two of cups) ? (i'm trying to focus only on the one card so I don't get in trouble hehe)

It is very possible now you put it that way and taking all the cards as the next action, I see it now, its not that he doesnt like her, so maybe theres plenty of hope :) Then agan taking the worst case scenario maybe he is trying to keep her AWAY because that 10 swords is part of his life and he doesnt want to involve her? Like hes a gangster or somethng LOL

Tarot interpretations can be so fluid and varied between everyone who reads the cards given...personally I just saw the three together, didnt focus on the 10 swords, and had thoughts, and when I applied a past, present, future pattern to them they made the same sense

I look forward to seeing other takes

Saskia

I, too, suspect there will be no action. I think these cards read as a sentence: no action will be taken with regard to love, there is inaction. 10 Swords at the beginning gives the feeling like a door is slammed shut, it's a yelled NO to me. I think this can also be a classic case of "there are feelings but no action", i.e. feelings don't automatically translate into action. People may have myriads of reasons to not act on their feelings, such as fear of rejection - or being already spoken for.

2 Cups does appear positive but given that there are two NO cards in the reading IMO for action, I can't see much happening, at least for a longish period of time.

velvet moon

It is very possible now you put it that way and taking all the cards as the next action, I see it now, its not that he doesnt like her, so maybe theres plenty of hope :) Then agan taking the worst case scenario maybe he is trying to keep her AWAY because that 10 swords is part of his life and he doesnt want to involve her? Like hes a gangster or somethng LOL

Tarot interpretations can be so fluid and varied between everyone who reads the cards given...personally I just saw the three together, didnt focus on the 10 swords, and had thoughts, and when I applied a past, present, future pattern to them they made the same sense

I look forward to seeing other takes

yeah, however the situation i described is likely to be an inner conflict so in terms of actions she will be privvy to, I do think it's a 'no action'

I wont say much on the others cards in this forum but in what she actions she would take toward him I drew both the chariot and strength so this shows a lot of self confidence and ability to take it in stride an dput on a brave front, which she would need following his actions so it does all make sense in reinforcing that ten of swords.

velvet moon

I, too, suspect there will be no action. I think these cards read as a sentence: no action will be taken with regard to love, there is inaction. 10 Swords at the beginning gives the feeling like a door is slammed shut, it's a yelled NO to me. I think this can also be a classic case of "there are feelings but no action", i.e. feelings don't automatically translate into action. People may have myriads of reasons to not act on their feelings, such as fear of rejection - or being already spoken for.

2 Cups does appear positive but given that there are two NO cards in the reading IMO for action, I can't see much happening, at least for a longish period of time.

Hi saskia, thanks, I agree. I think the best we can hope for witht he two of cups is a sort of george castanza 'it's not you, it's me' LOL

Emma313

yeah, however the situation i described is likely to be an inner conflict so in terms of actions she will be privvy to, I do think it's a 'no action'

I wont say much on the others cards in this forum but in what she actions she would take toward him I drew both the chariot and strength so this shows a lot of self confidence and ability to take it in stride an dput on a brave front, which she would need following his actions so it does all make sense in reinforcing that ten of swords.

hope shes not a maneater cos hes been eaten already IMO..nothing left much to eat lol...divorced taken to the cleaners and not ready to move..????

so often threads die and we dont hear what happens, let us know if you can x

velvet moon

hope shes not a maneater cos hes been eaten already IMO..nothing left much to eat lol...divorced taken to the cleaners and not ready to move..????

so often threads die and we dont hear what happens, let us know if you can x

hahaha!

I asked her a little about the both of them before hand but she was a little introverted. she said he's never been married before but he is over thirty, so there's a lot of time to get stuck in your ways and for a little heart break to have occurred. it's very possible he's stil single because of some inability to be in a realtionship or because he's nursing wounds. will definately update you my final thoughts on the reading and if she ever shares the events as they come to be, with me. ;-)