what cards are your LEAST favorite to see?

mary ventura

The one I hate to see is the Devil, because it reminds me of my weaknesses and the irresponsible actions I permitted in myself during my younger days. I like to think I'm past that now, but it's still a part of my makeup, even if I no longer permit it to manifest. The Devil is doubly irritating to me, because it's my personality card. I keep re-doing the math, thinking maybe I added wrong . . . but no!

Mary V

Moonwater

Hello!!!

Hello, I'm still fresh to this but I already know which cards gives me the "oh no not that card feeling"

Four of Cup
Nine of swords
Three of swords
Seven of swords
Devil
Tower
Four of cups

balenciaga

I have to agree with the devil, the 7 swords, and the 3 swords.
Today I pulled devil and 7 sw and met up with just such a character (slimy and smarmy, not dangerous - yet). Yuck.

Gavriela

celticnoodle said:
I'm with Gavriela. I detest the Wheel of Fortune card. I don't know why, but I just don't like it, and when it comes up, I just can't seem to figure out how to read it. I don't even think it's a pretty card to look at. It's just an awful card! I'd almost much rather there was no picture at all, just the words "world of fortune"! :laugh:....

The reason I hate it is because I do know how to read it. Whenever it comes up, I know I'm going to get run over by it, in more ways than one. Top of the Wheel? Never happens for me. Under the Wheel? Yup. Always.

aranarose

Right now, I don't particularly care for the 10 of Cups and the 10 of Pentacles. Going through a long separation, and probable divorce, so those cards just kind of sting right now.

Penny Dreadfuls

aranarose said:
Right now, I don't particularly care for the 10 of Cups and the 10 of Pentacles. Going through a long separation, and probable divorce, so those cards just kind of sting right now.

I'm really sorry Aranarose to hear this and the turmoil your life is in right now. I pray your burdens get smoother and lighter.

I was just thinking of this, that the cards that we hate to see turn up in spreads might change with what's going on in our lives. I know they certainly can for me.

MercyMe

aranarose said:

It makes so much sense that you are seeing these cards right now, though. 10's represent transition in tarot number symbolism. You've reached the end of one phase of your life, both emotionally and materially/physically, and yet your new life has yet to begin. You're in between the aimless fresh start of the Fool (0) and the focused beginning of the Magician (1). You haven't got an Ace yet, so you're still wrapping things up...letting things come to their own conclusion.

When I see the 10 of cups and the 10 of pents I see, "This is as good as it gets." If it's in a present rather than future position it tends to mean this is it, there really isn't any further you can go in this.

Not to say all of this doesn't hurt. As a veteran of two divorces, I can attest to and sympathize with the pain and loss. I just find it very interesting in a tarot student kind of way how these two cards are coming up a lot for you right now.

(((hugs)))

Ginny

Promise

Right now, I really dislike the Two of Swords, which likes to stalk me as of late.

I dislike it because I know it's trying to tell me to pick a path and get on with it already and stop letting fear hold me back, but that's easier said than done.

The Four of Cups is also popping up frequently, and I don't care for it much either. It makes me feel shallow and self-absorbed, which I try not to be, and I think the cards just know how to push my buttons.

HellzBelle

In any deck, by whatever name he might go by, The Hierophant.
To me he's all about the expectations others have of me, place on me, to do what they want me to do, what they expect me to do for their benefit.
The only way I can put a positive spin on him is to think of him reminding me to have faith in myself and trust my own judgements...but then there's the expectation thing and feeling that I'm somehow possibly obliged to fulfill a duty/obligation to others, real or imagined, with whatever the issue of concen and query might be.
Dislike him intensely.

Demon Goddess

Right now, my least favourite is the 7 of coins... If I get told to be patient one more time I'm going to scream!