GT questions - past present and future

ThtDancerGuy

I have some questions regarding GT spreads. I'm not sure if all of them belong on one thread, but here goes.

Before the spread, I charged the woman card as the querent and Man as the person she likes and snake as an old boss, bear as a new boss.

I'm new to this, so charging makes it easier for me.

1. Suppose the querent card is in the middle, rows ahead of her and the columns cards are the future. Behind her is the best past.

Suppose you're trying to read for Love (heart), and the heart card is the first card on the spread (house rider), so this is love in the past? And of course the surrounding cards which give it meaning and context.

2. Since Man was already charged, do surrounding cards (visa knighting mirroring etc) reflect his life? Or things influencing him?

4. How can you determine the future of this relationship, do you take the cards in the same time as relevant to them?

Thanks

Hi RAphrodite,

This is a good question and one that I see a lot of readers struggle with understanding. I think that you have to understand that wherever the significator card falls in the GT (Man for male significator/male figure, Woman for female significator/female figure, Heart for love life, Tower for school, Fox for job, etc.), what lies directly ahead of them on the same row as the significator is that significator's future. You do not read all of the cards in the rows that are technically ahead of the significator card; you only read the cards that are in the same row as the significator. Same deal for the past: only the cards behind the significator in the same row are its past, no other cards.
So if the Heart card is at the very beginning in the first row and the significator card is technically ahead of the Heart card, that does not mean that the love life is in their past. No. You are looking at the Heart card as now a separate card from the significator's reading, as a separate focus with its own past, present and future lines that have nothing to do with those of the significator's. And you should be treating every different focus card you look at and read around the same way, as separate stories within the GT. So then all of the cards directly behind (in the same row as) the Heart are the past of the love life, and all of the cards ahead of the Heart (in the same row) are the future of the love life. Of course you know that the cards that are directly above and below the focus card are the present – what is above is what they're worried about or what is out of their control and what is underneath is what they are aware of or what is under control.
I hope that helped you to understand better.