Favorite Playing Card Divination Books

Lela

OmSeaweed said:
Does anyone know the why or where the original Hedgewytchery site went? (It was so nice!)
Dawn of Hedgewytchery.com did a blog post here which explains why the site went down.

dvorah ophir

so, i ordered my ana cortez set from us games, all went well and on the 23 they wrote that the cards were shipped and the cost 20.40...
but then the next day i receive mail to tell me shipping is more expensive and that i should give them credit details because now it costs 40 something.
does anyboby knows something about that?
i am not too pleased-they should have writen before they sent the cards to tell they cost more- becouse then i would have bought them on book depository for 28 $
anyway-i wrote to ask and maybe they did not sent it yet. will keep you informed about that. but have anybody bought from them before and knows about changing prices after shipping? is that some thing that is done?
apart from that i know that i bought from them once and had no problems but that was before they changed the site and the shipping costs were not mentiond and then i had comunication with them to aprove before they shipped.
i do want the set so probebly will pay more and not send it back and get refund and order elsewere-which is what they will likely offer.
so that was my saga for today- happy holidays to you all from dvorah

dvorah ophir

sorry us games

so just received mail from us games-it turnes up that they have not yet sent the cards so that i was able to cancel and order from book depository and it cost 27 only, they have realy fast delivery so if by wednsday they send it then it might reach the week after. we do have holidays so it might take longer.cant wait...!!!
dvorah

dvorah ophir

sorry us games

so just received mail from us games-it turnes up that they have not yet sent the cards so that i was able to cancel and order from book depository and it cost 27 only, they have realy fast delivery so if by wednsday they send it then it might reach the week after. we do have holidays so it might take longer.cant wait...!!!
dvorah

Orenda

A friend and fellow member of the Ottawa Tarot Club shared a very old book about playing card divination, and we photographed it to share :D

It was sold at the Hamley's Conjuring Department in England, likely during the early 1930s or even before, and is a blast to read through! The author does not claim an understanding due to research, but instead shares her personal method for cartomancy with playing cards.

The PDF of this book can be viewed &/or saved from this link :)

Orenda

Enjoy!! There is no record of this pamphlet-style book, neither copyright nor ISBN assigned, and the publishing house is no more. In addition, Hamleys has no record as the retailer. Now, Hamleys was bombed five times during WWII so that is not exactly surprising *doh*

Hamleys opened at that address in 1881 but I suspect that this item was for sale between 1910 and 1931, based upon the information I've found so far.

dvorah ophir

sadly i was not able to access the pamphlet but will do so soon on another computer. i would like to update and say that i have received the ana cortez book and find it to be the best i ever read on playing card divination.it has in it everything that i ever read on the subject and need for this study. it does lack a little history and tradisional aproach and spreads but for the individual who likes to read the cards its the best hand on aproach.the cards with it are amazing. i find that now all my oracle decks are obsulite and want to use only the cards.

Orenda

dvorah ophir said:
sadly i was not able to access the pamphlet but will do so soon on another computer.
I should clarify that this book is 6.6Mb in size, so it takes time to download for viewing and saving from your browser. The speed depends on your both your internet connection and PC's processor, but the file is genuinely there for members to receive.

It is in PDF format, which means that you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, but that is a freeware app that is easy to install. To get that app with its web plugin, visit this site.

Warning: I do not recommend downloading free toolbars with your apps, as that's one of the first places that one finds infections. I'm not disparaging the Google toolbar for those who enjoy using it in their browser, but am speaking to how malicious software can be shared. I would UNCHECK the checkmark for the Google toolbar on that page, THEN click the yellow download button at bottom. Just being prudent for fellow members here :)