reading regular playing cards {meanings}

jade

well, i finally found it. a loooooooong time ago i said that i had meanings for the regular playing cards but i couldn't find them......well, i was searching for some reiki stuff in my reiki bag and voila....there was the paper with the meanings on it.

so, if you are interested.....here they are.

(a woman gave these to me......she read the [regular] cards with great accuracy)

you use 32 cards.....from 7 to ace.

she laid them out in 4 rows of 8 and read them and just knew which cards were speaking and which weren't. i found this difficult so i changed the layout to less cards.

d = diamonds
h = hearts
c = clubs
s = spades

7d = male child - short positive time
7h = girl child - short and loving time
7c = frustration - very little
7s = few tears - smallest amount

8d = good, pos. stuff hapening
8h = small love
8c = frustration
8s = tears

9d = wonderful stuff
9h = big love - fall in love - in love and person in love with you.
9c = frustration big time
9s = tears big time

10d = trip
10h = money in or out (if surrounded by red - money is coming in is black then money is out)
10c = work
10s = illness and or big tears.

jd = guardian angels - they make things work out fine no matter what.
jh = same as above.

jc = blue collar workers - or family (adult children brother or cousins) MALE
js = same as above.

qd = single lady
qh = married lady
qc = (not positive people) or friends or daughter or sisters
qs = same

kd = partner to diamond queen - man of your heart. (if you are single)
kh = partner to heart queen - man of your heart (married)

kc = lawyers, bankers, money, financial business {if surrounded by 7,8, or 9 black - not too good} {if surrounded by 7,8, or 9 red - good fortune}
ks = same

ace of d = letter or phone call {surrounded by red - good news or black - bad news}
ace of h = upright - your self or house - good OR reversed - sell it or fix yourself.
ace of c = gift - {red cards = spiritual or physical gift} {black cards frustration cause you didn't want the gift}
ace of s = surprise - {black - not good} {red - happy} {next to black 10 - death}

in light,
jade

jade

after reading them they seem to lack....

it seems to me that these are only meanings for women. since there doesn't seem to be a card to represent a male single or married.

but try them out if you wish.

in light,
jade

Kaz

jade, those meaning look like quite "in stone" i think.
i read playing cards occasionally, just for fun and i like doing it, but lol, my meanings differ from yours above here. guess thats also because of tarot influences on it.
and i use a standard 52 card deck, jacks are knight/page combined.
i see clubs as fire (wands), spades=air (swords), hearts=water, diamonds=earth, then just use the numbers on the cards.
now that i have been reading some on astrology on the net, i can see sometimes the relations between them, like 2 spades is moon in libra.
i posted a CC spread with playing cards in the studygroup forum, in the thread about CC and permutations, (last post on the first page) you can see meanings are very different from yours...

kaz

jade

oh, they really aren't mine LOL i didn't personally find any accuracy with them, but that doesn't make them wrong LOL just not for me. i can't read some decks either, like the shapeshifter tarot for instance..........does NOT resonate with me at all. :(

consider the meanings like the LWB. rather than being spoon fed the meaning you just get a little bit and then your intuition fills in the rest.

and this woman never read tarot cards........this 'gift' was passed down thru her family.

in light,
jade

Umbrae

Playing Cards

I have found over the years, about eight different approaches (meanings and spreads) to divination with playing cards.
Most were unreliable.
I did run across an “It’s all in the Cards” Chita St. Lawrence.
Very reliable, very easy. Brutal, and very accurate in the answers they provide.
I enjoy using Playing Cards for folks who are nervous about Tarot (“They’re Evil”) but want to have their cards read (go figure…).
I would highly recommend that you bond with (or imprint) the playing card deck you would use. Treat it just like a Tarot deck (no rummy games allowed).

jade

use the deck with respect

excellent suggestion!

(i never thought of that)

in light,
jade

Umbrae

Hunt down a copy of the book (sometimes you will find one used on Amazon), and give it a try.
Powerful stuff...

mermaid1622

It's All in the Cards

Umbrae said:
Hunt down a copy of the book (sometimes you will find one used on Amazon), and give it a try.

The 1998 paperback edition is in print and available from Barnes & Noble among others. ( www.bn.com )

mermaid1622

Little Baron

I have a playing card deck and thought that after looking into them a bit more, maybe I would either draw into them or collage small images that made sence to me over some of the cards.

Has anybody tried this?

Yaboot

Emily

I have a book called 'Fortune Telling By Playing Cards' by Nerys Dee. She seems to have alot of dream interpretation books on Amazon UK, this book was available through sellers so not sure if its out of print but for the £2 to £3 being asked for it, it's a bargain. She gives full and detailed interpretations for each card, includes a little history about the origins of cards and I think its around 7 spreads to try (I've tried some of these spreads with my tarot cards) - its 160 pages long and is very well written. :)