Weighing the Heart

Lyones

WalesWoman and I have given this one a run to see if it works, and it seems to be quite a serious spread. The name of the spread is taken from Clive Barrett's explination of the Ancient Egyptian Justice card, in which he says "the hearts of men are carefully weighed against the feather of truth as a test of their goodness on earth ..." ... and the questions are based on general meanings for Justice with the layout in the shape of scales.

...……7
..1……6…..2
….....5
.....3…4

1. What is the weight of the heart? (how you feel about the situation)
2. What is the weight of the problem? (how this affects you)
3. What is the basis of the situation? (the truth of the matter – seen or unseen)
4. What needs to change? (mentally or physically)
5. What holds you up during this time? (a personal strength/something you can lean on)
6. What you can do to bring balance to the situation.
7. What you will reap from your actions (how taking the advice will help you).

I hope that you will also give it a try, and that the results will be helpful :)

Moonbow

Well, I have to admit to sticking to the time old favourites usually, but this spread seems to cover all the vital aspects of a 'problem' spread to me.

The title (although I understand the reference) makes it sound like a love/relationship spread, and could be why no replies to this so far... I don't know. But I would be interested to know what others think of this one.

Anyone care to try it?

wildchilde

Thanks Lyones! This looks very interesting, and quite deep!!! Have saved it for my journal.

Moonbow, you may be correct...I hadn't noticed this thread either just glossing over the thread names. Was definitely nicely surprise by the content!

ArwenNightstar

Lyones said:
WalesWoman and I have given this one a run to see if it works, and it seems to be quite a serious spread. The name of the spread is taken from Clive Barrett's explination of the Ancient Egyptian Justice card, in which he says "the hearts of men are carefully weighed against the feather of truth as a test of their goodness on earth ..." ... and the questions are based on general meanings for Justice with the layout in the shape of scales.

I look forward to trying this one out. Ma'at is the Goddess who holds the scales that weighs your heart against the red feather of truth. She is a just Goddess.

ArwenNightstar

Lyones said:

A name suggestion might be Spread of Ma'at

Lyones

Thanks very much for the suggestions and comments on the spread, it's always good to get feedback so I know what's good and what's got to change and helps put together the next one :)

Alta

Hi Lyones, I am very struck by this spread, possibly because for some reason i have been drawn to those images of some goddess weighing the heart against a feather. Thank you.

Simone

Lyones, I herewith declare you a *most excellent* spread artist!

You together with WalesWoman make an explosive team - ever considered writing a book and publishing those great spreads you come up with?

I'd be the first one to buy it - and that's saying something - from me who usually insists on making up her own :p

Love it! And I am going to try it!

Simone

Edited to fix typo and to add: and I usually never read any tarot books!

Lyones

Originally posted by Simone
You together with WalesWoman make an explosive team - ever considered writing a book and publishing those great spreads you come up with?

:D Thank you Simone - WalesWoman keeps gently prodding about a book of spreads, so we might get there some day :) ... in the meantime we'll just keep popping them into AT in the hope that they'll be trialed and enjoyed :)

Simone

*Simone joins WalesWoman in the prodding ....*

:D:D:D