Marseille 3-card combinations

Teheuti

9 of Swords, 4 of Swords, Temperance

I'm not sure what "method" I'm using, but my sense when looking at these cards is:

A work, project or idea got shot down or was negatively criticized. The person has pulled back from the fray and is consolidating their material and giving it a rest before making adjustments, but they are going to see if they can reconstitute it, perhaps in a new, more flexible form.

If work had not been the subject then I might wonder if there had been an illness or the loss of someone or something, with subsequent healing going on. The movement seems to be away from pain and toward peaceful compassion.

Any advice would be around not rushing things.

RexMalaki

9 of Swords, 4 of Swords, Temperance
Spread regarding a "work issue"

Temperance is in a position, glancing toward the 4 of Swords, for the beginning of the reading, but promising to have the final say.

So, the 4 of swords is all stable and materialistic, thinking about keeping on keeping on when he should have been meditatively performing his craft, when suddenly there is some assault from behind. (nine, 4 + 5, the stability is turned on its ear, and the sword suggests a mental form of upturning)

Some caddy coworker is spreading false rumors that threaten to shake things up. But with Temperance, following the best course in a calm and collected manner and mixing the positive with the negative, the issue of the false accusations is overcome.

But be careful the four of swords can also lead to a cycle of negative thinking which Temperance may hard pressed to handle...it would take Strength!

Herzog

I can see Temperance as exercising "diplomacy". I like this idea of Temperance as a "diplomatic solution" on an emotional plane. I'm imagining Justice and if this card turned up instead of Temperance. Justice is also "balance" but on a non-emotional plane whereas Temperance suggests flexibility and creative problem solving.

Creative problem solving, diplomacy and flexibility - as Teheuti pointed out -

Teheuti

Herzog said:
I can see Temperance as exercising "diplomacy". I like this idea of Temperance as a "diplomatic solution" on an emotional plane. I'm imagining Justice and if this card turned up instead of Temperance. Justice is also "balance" but on a non-emotional plane whereas Temperance suggests flexibility and creative problem solving.
I find this comparison very helpful. Thanks.

Bernice

9 Swords + 4 Swords + Temperance
Method: The math-number quality.
Subject: A work issue.

As there is a trump I'm taking it as the focal point.

Temperance: = I'm thinking that Temperance can successfully make compromises.

9 Swords: = (square number): A card that Establishes via disipline/rules/regulations(swords). As it is the third Sq number in the series of 1 - 10, it does this with Effect.

4 Swords: = (Deficient, Cute & Sq): Aware of shortfalls, adaptive within parameters and establishing.

So I think this might be a situation where compromise will be a key factor for arriving at a solution within a very structured scheme (swords). A re-arrangment within given strictures that accords with the 'rules' yet accommodates all persons concerned. As Herzog says, "Temperance as exercising "diplomacy"."

Bee :)

Herzog

Let's keep this thread alive... someone please post another three cards...

Bernice

Next 3 cards.

Deck: Angel Tarot (marseille)
Subject: Travel, journey(s)

World + Queen Cups + 5 Swords.

I expect this could be viewed from several angles; the conditions of travel, the reason for travel, the means of travel..... etc.

Attachments

• journey-ang.jpg
    journey-ang.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 125

Herzog

I chose "reason" for travel:

What we see is a woman looking sadly toward a young girl who expresses herself to the fullest.

This feels like a mom asking her daughter to come home. Maybe there's a crisis and the family needs to be together or mom just misses her daughter and wants to see her.

Bernice

Herzog said:
I chose "reason" for travel:

What we see is a woman looking sadly toward a young girl who expresses herself to the fullest.

This feels like a mom asking her daughter to come home. Maybe there's a crisis and the family needs to be together or mom just misses her daughter and wants to see her.
Looking at the way you view these cards, I wonder if the daughter is abroad or far away (World card)?

Teheuti

World - QC - 5S

If using elemental dignities - GD style - then the World (Saturn/Earth) and 5S (Air) would cancel each other out, leaving only the Queen of Cups. That makes me think of
1) a woman who loves travel
2) a person who fantasizes about travel, i.e., travels in the mind.

Returning to possibilities for all three cards:
The central sword in 5S moves in an opposite direction to the other four swords. Despite the prettiness of the card decoration, this is a card of mental stress and great difficulties, if not loss. The central sword moves against the flow.

With the Queen facing away from the 5S and toward the World, it seems to indicate a person who looks to travel as a way of getting out of difficulties or to leave behind a painful situation. She imagines herself as free of encumbrances and whole again. QC could, of course, be a man who is more emotionally and interpersonally involved in the situation than another Court Card persona would have indicated.

Although QC seems to be moving away from her problem, this still seems more like a situation of longing and desire, a hopefulness for the future but, by itself, not necessarily an indicator that the travel will take place, nor that it will be as successful as hoped.

Alternatively, for a man, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." His love interest has gone traveling (World=travel), leaving him bereft.

If already on the road, it could indicate an accident involving the QC.
World=travel, QC=person in question, 5S=accident.