Marseille 3-card combinations

Bernice

Deck: Angel Tarot
Subject: Travel/Holiday
Method: Any.

2 Swords + Ace Batons + 2 Cups

Departing from the 'math number' approach at present because it's being severely overhauled. So I'm using a cartomantic method for this.

Two 2s = Separate ways.

Ace Batons taking centre stage: It's about who or what is in charge.
2 Swords................................: Uncertaincy/Disagreement
2 Cups....................................: Joint harmony.

This could be a problem between driver and vehicle!
Perhaps the vehicle needs to be handled in a certain way before performing as wished, or at optimum :). i.e. If the vehicle/ship/plane is operated according to the specs, a smooth journey. Seems to be advice that if heeded, will ensure happy travelling.

Bee :)

Flaxen

Another possible interpretation, using Mel's method as a starter, is looking at the reasons for their travel/holidays plans.

Here I see a couple who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship, they are not getting on as well as they used to and are drifting apart. Something has come between them. (2 of swords).

They are hoping that this holiday will lead to a rekindling of their love and bring them closer together again (2 of cups). The ace of wands suggests that this holiday has come to symbolise their last hope and they are clinging to the idea that it will work.

Moonbow

Change jobs?

How about a new set of three?

Knight Batons
Star
Papesse

Three 'people' cards for this one, no pips.

I'll come back later with some images unless someone else can post them in the meantime.

Enjoy! :)

Moonbow

knight-batons.jpg
star.jpg
papesse.jpg

Sorry about the size.

Is that a disapproving look from La Papesse or what?

Bernice

Oops! Missed the subject: Change Jobs?

Hmm......... well, just visually these cards seem to convey:

Star at centre, Knight Batons left, Papesse on the right. The flanking cards both looking at the Star.

Star is busy doing her thing. Both other cards are looking directly at her. Knight is saying, "Get up and go for it!". Papesse is saying, "Now just calm down and pay attention to what you're doing. Is this what you want, or do you really want to change?". (words to this effect). The Star looks quite frazzled.

Bee :)

conversus

A Grandmother hopes for a Grandson's success as he ventures out on his own.

CED?

Moonbow

He looks like he's saying goodbye to me. His horse is facing away from the other cards but both he and the horse are looking behind them to the Star.

The Star read as being illuminating, and Papesse as wisdom, he's had a kind of epiphany and has to move on. Yes go ahead with the job change even though it may mean leaving something behind which you love and have worked hard on.

(btw this isn't my Grimaud deck, I dislike the blue text)

conversus

Change Jobs?

First I apologize, i did not see the general subject of the query.

This gives me a new take on the images.

I should fixate on the Star in the Centre of the tableaux, that is my usual MO.

But for some reason I am drawn to the Knight--the Journey man making his foray into the wide world of real as opposed to merely theoretical training or experience.

He holds his training and skill in his left hand and is either turning his body and his horse to follow toward the right of the action, or he is BRINGING all the wealth of those skills to bear on his new trajectory (which may lead to our left).

At this moment it seems evident to me that the hope and expectation of the Star and the inner Wisdom and Love of the Papess are resident in that Baton. Our Knight bears these with honour and Grace as he turns, one way or another, toward the real experience which will afford both Hope and Wisdom a ground in which to flourish.

To change jobs, or to stay where you are : What must you do to give yourself the chance to foster the development of Hope, Wisdom, and Love in your moment.

Melanchollic

Trump II is an allegory of 'Church', when coupled with Trump III, 'State', they represent Christendom. For our purposes these cards represent our personal "kingdom", the Empress being our outer social and physical self, Ms. Pope being our inner intellectual and spiritual self.

The Star is a guide or omen. It is what we follow to find our 'savior', it is that by which we steer our ship.

The Knight of Batons I read as 'Innovation'.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1851778&postcount=179

The cards speakest,

"Innovation guides us toward our inner self."

I'd say this Knight is ready for his own 'grail quest'. It is time to stop laboring for others (that's the Baton Valet's job) and start working for himself. Look for the Star's omens (opportunities) to apply those Knightly talents. It's time to go into business for yourself lad!!

kwaw

A new job?

Well, the star, which among other things represents new birth, advent, is the focus of the looks of the flanking cards - so the focus is on the new, that which is coming, rather than the old. The knight is certainly aroused by the prospects of a new adventure (his stick raised in the air) - the two sides of the papesse cloak is like the blue waters from each of the stars jugs, in which case look where her phallic like clasp / directional arrow is pointing - she is poinitng the way, guiding him towards new adventures too, to grab (clasp) opportunity while he can - "Get in there Son", she is saying, "and go for it." She holds in her hand a book in whose lines are like a ploughed field, and she is the Church of the New Testament not the Old, which also implies the suggestion of moving on to pastures new.