A New TdM was born in Japan: Tarot de Marseille ISIS Version

Kissa

The very human eyes make it very attractive but on the other hand the drawing looks like a cartoon, too smooth, too soft and definitely to pink! It apaers to me like a … ‘disneyfied’ TdM!

My feeling too when I watch at the people in the deck but I find the pips very nice.

Freddie

Love this one, but too expensive for me. The images are warm and chatty, but traditional all the while. All the best ones seem very expensive or hard to find.

Thanks for sharing.

Freddie

Lee

I was sitting on the fence for a long time about this one, but I just ordered it. I was looking at online scans last night, and it struck me that the green on the Moon card is really pleasing to me. That tipped the balance. :)

The skin tones do seem very... pink! :D

Are the folks who liked this deck still using it?

Le Fanu

I was sitting on the fence for a long time about this one, but I just ordered it. I was looking at online scans last night, and it struck me that the green on the Moon card is really pleasing to me. That tipped the balance. :)

The skin tones do seem very... pink! :D

Are the folks who liked this deck still using it?
Love it. Relish that pinkiness! Pinky fingers, pinky cheeks.

This deck - despite being a relatively recent release - is among the 10 honoured, most-used decks that have a place in my antique lacquered oriental gilt cabinet of Top Ten + one.

I adore everything about it and its pert cheekiness is eminently readable. This is my restored/recoloured Marseilles of choice. Still.

Tibor

Could anyone pls send me a link or tell me where to go to order this deck.thank you

Lee

I adore everything about it and its pert cheekiness is eminently readable. This is my restored/recoloured Marseilles of choice. Still.
I'm glad to know it's a lasting enthusiasm. I like how the shading gives it a three-dimensional look, yet with a pristine regularity which I think goes well with the pip designs. I'm looking forward to it.

alec

Lee, it's a pleasant deck to use - comfortable in the hand, clearly printed and neatly cut. The images are lively. This is one of the handful of decks I keep out all the time for readings. It's worth getting.

Alec

Lee

Thanks alec! I think it's interesting to compare this deck to the Fournier, which I used for years because it seemed both more comfortable and more lively. Lately I find the colored backgrounds on that deck (and on the Universal) to be distracting, but I still like the idea of a Marseille with a rounder, more three-dimensional look, and bright colors (at least in the figures if not in the backgrounds), so the Isis looks like it fits the bill.

Edited to add: I really enjoyed your and Le Fanu's blog posts on this deck, and they did help me make the decision finally to order.