"dancing" candleflame?

livelife

I always light a candle when I meditate and do a reading. My husband noticed that the candleflame goes from a "still" flame to "dancing" when I begin reading, and it will dance until I am done, where it will resume "still" burning afterwards.

Anyone else experience this?

Nat

Fulgour

hello livelife

Since we began making some of our own candles
they've become a more regular part of our lives...

And it can be mesmerizing to watch them dancing.
Music also seems to "invigorate" their activities. :)

kwaw

livelife said:
I always light a candle when I meditate and do a reading. My husband noticed that the candleflame goes from a "still" flame to "dancing" when I begin reading, and it will dance until I am done, where it will resume "still" burning afterwards.

Anyone else experience this?

Nat

I don't use candles when I do readings, however lightbulbs do noticeably dim during readings and return to normal afterwards.

Kwaw

Fulgour

bi-focal wattage specs

kwaw said:
I don't use candles when I do readings, however lightbulbs do noticeably dim during readings and return to normal afterwards. Kwaw
How nice, and thank you for sharing. Do you mean Tarot,
or are you referring to those little letters on the bulbs? :eek:

CreedLover

Effects of Energy?

This is interesting to me and makes me wonder these things as well, since I do not know the answer, I'm just posing some questions....

Could it be the flames are affected by energy that you and your cards are giving off during your readings? (not air movement, but spiritual energy)

Is it possible that it is other spirits/guides/angels, etc. letting you know they are there with you.

Is there any type of pattern.. .like small and infrequent movement for negative answers/cards, or rapidly moving almost bouncing flames for positive answers/cards or maybe small movement for things that are not so clear and rapid movements for things that are just crystal clear and have no doubt about them.

I have a metal, beaded charm thing a friend gave me. She is a very spiritual person. A real wise soul in a young ladies body (she's in her early 20's). Not sure what it is, but it's hanging from my curtain rod in my bedroom. Sometimes when I look at it and think about certain things, it will move, more or less depending on the energy that I'm feeling about the subject I am thinking. At first I thought it was air moving it from the window, but it has always been closed and sometimes it moves to the point like someone was holding the top of it and bouncing it up and down, the bottom (which has a bell) actually rings a little it moves so much.

If we are spiritual beings, and give off spiritual energies, then other material things must be affected by our energy. Just as we interact with others through this energy connection, we are connected to the material world around us.

Can't wait to see what others offer too. Really interesting topic.
Thanks for sharing it with us!!
AJ

Brock Johnson

CreedLover: It all has to do with the energy YOU give off. You are correct. I have never experienced this phenomena yet I haven't really payed much attention. I always have a candle lit when I am on the computer and I burn incense only during a reading for no apparent reason. I have stopped with the candles because I am making them a gift for someone. I made them all with a kit I got for Christmas!!!

To answer the question, I might have experienced this, but not knowingly.

Brock

livelife

Brock, as you mentioned, I was also completely oblivious to it, until it was pointed out to me.

CreedLover, I'll try to see if there's a pattern.

Nat

HudsonGray

Oh yes, it happens all the time. Once the flame guttered up almost 4" and we couldn't figure out why. Turns out the person the health reading was being done on had his shields up and the energies bouncing off that made the flame stay that high. It started with the reading and ended when the reading was done, a full 15 minutes. We tried placing things around the candle thinking an air gust was affecting it (couldn't feel anything but did our best to eliminate it). Nothing worked. It only went back down when the cards were swept back together.

SunChariot

You know that's a fascinating question. I've been reading two years now (yesterday was my two year anniversary actually). I always use my scented candles and I never stopped to notice. I look at the flame before I start, meditate on it, but I never looked what it was doing "during" the reading.

Now you've gotten me really curious. I will be sure to look next time and see. :grin:

Babs

catlin

tricks of the light

Normally candles tend to stay pretty calm during my readings, but I remember some very funny things happening with light bulbs in my reading room.

Once a friend paid me a visit and I told her before that she should be prepared that there may something funny happen in the reading room (she wanted to see this room) and as soon as we had taken a seat at the table and the tea was offered, the light bulb on the lamp hanging above the table suddenly dimmed down. Elke (the friend) started to grip the chair she was sitting on, I turned round and said in a cheerful voice "Don't worry, I can light the lamp on the desk:" (which I did, but needless to say that even this lamp died down) and only the candle was burning on merrily (and Elke tried not to get into a hysterical fit. She was sitting tight on the chair, all white in the face). I am used to funny things happening and the best thing was to act as normal.

Later another friend told me that Elke had told her she will never set a foot in my flat again because there is something "spooky" in it, LOL.