A Crystal Ball...

Water Lady

Hi
I love this site, I have learned so much from it. I never thought of haveing a crystal ball but now I think I must. I will start looking in the local stores to see what is here.
And I most certainly must be learning about it. I seem drawn it them for some reason.

HearthCricket

I'm glad you found us, Nan! Yes, the crystal balls can be absolutely enchanting! You will know if you have the right one when it crawls right up to you and you can't keep your eye off of it! They practically sing to you like sirens!

stella01904

Marion said:
Thanks for the recommendation on the Uma Silbey book. I went to amazon and read the review on Ted Andrews book, which wasn't very favorable. Are those the two main ones?
The "main ones" are Crystal Gazing by Theodore Besterman, Crystal Vision Through Crystal Gazing by Theodore Besterman, and Crystal Gazing and Clairvoyance by John Melville. All others are plaigarizations at best, or BS at worst.

It's kind of pathetic that nothing decent has been written on the subject since Besterman in 1924, with the possible exception of Moody's psychomanteum research.

MysticalMoose

I have just re-read this lovely thread from the start! Id love to know how you are all getting on with your wonderful crystal friends now?

MM :love:

celticnoodle

MysticalMoose said:
I have just re-read this lovely thread from the start! Id love to know how you are all getting on with your wonderful crystal friends now?

MM :love:
Wow! that was a lot of reading. Unfortunately, I have not played with any of my crystal balls of late, though they do fascinate me. I prefer my meditation, the tarot & oracle cards and the psychic circles right now. I wonder though how the others are doing. Hope they will also share.

MysticalMoose

*looks expectantly & hopefully across to Hearthcricket* :)

autumnsdaughter

Woo hoo!!! :D

I just got my crystal ball! She's a beaut! I will post a picture later on... She is petite and quite transparent, with a couple rainbows and some veils. I saw her in the crystal case at my local occult shop, and it was love at first sight! Yay!!!

celticnoodle

wonderful autumnsdaughter! do let us know here how well you do with your new friend! :)

autumnsdaughter

Well, last night I spent some quality time with her... And her name is Cygnet, because there is a tiny little swan in one of her rainbows. I think she is rather shy, and a little bewildered to be in a new environment. However, I introduced her to my herd of amethyst, the blue faery, and the wizard (a couple of pewter buddies) and she seems to be relaxing. I measured her, and she has a diameter of around 2 and 3/4 inches- not too tiny, actually! Now, to make a comfy little velvet pillow for her to sleep on.