A Crystal Ball...

HearthCricket

Pumpkin said:
They are so beautiful. I have two and my eye on another.

Please share pics and also let us know how you do with scrying. Did they work out well for you, what size they are, what kind they are, etc. Did one work better than another? I really want to hear people's experiences with crystal ball gazing and scrying.

Pumpkin

I will take some pictures tomorrow. I don't think they would turn out with the lights on in the room??

I haven't tried gazing and scrying. I would like to.

I have been looking at a few online and keep looking at them. One is now on it's way to your house, so I know it was not meant to me mine. lol But the good news is that I still get to hear about her here. :D

I had always loved the crystal clear balls. That is what I have now. But after reading here about the lines and clouds in them, it does seem that they would be better to read with.

I saw another today, it is gorgeous. But cost so much more at the local store than online. Smaller too.

We should all do this together? Who's game? We can give each other tips as we go.

thinbuddha

Pumpkin said:
I will take some pictures tomorrow. I don't think they would turn out with the lights on in the room?

Your best bet will be in bright light (even direct sun) against a dark background.

celticnoodle

Pumpkin said:
I will take some pictures tomorrow. I don't think they would turn out with the lights on in the room??
oh please share them here too! As soon as I can get my scanner/printer and laptop back in the running, I'll try to take one of my ball and do the same. Of course, Pumpkin, we have to name our crystal balls too!

pumpkiin said:
I haven't tried gazing and scrying. I would like to.
my problem is I don't stick with it. I start and go for a few days--about 10minutes a day, then I put the ball back in it's box and leave it alone for weeks or months at a time. not good. my crystal ball is probably very very lonely. boy, I'm not a good momma to it, am I? :(

pumpkin said:
I had always loved the crystal clear balls. That is what I have now. But after reading here about the lines and clouds in them, it does seem that they would be better to read with.
same here. i prefer the clear ones too. i don't think i can afford to purchase another one anytime soon either-so I have to stay with this clear one. I find it quite beautiful & mysterious. I have a large stand for mine that was originally a plant stand (found in TJMAX of all places!) and it works great---very very stable.

pumpkin said:
We should all do this together? Who's game? We can give each other tips as we go.
I'm game for this. Maybe it will also encourage me to stick with it. I know that for the 'average' gazer it takes awhile to be able to see anything in the ball, and I get a bit discouraged and frustrated. I have gotten close---saw the 'cloud' formations, but still gave up too soon. If we can all do this together, it may keep me going!

thinbuddha said:
Your best bet will be in bright light (even direct sun) against a dark background.
thanks thinbuddha for the advice, I'll do that too. My only problem is that I need to get my laptop and scanner/printer working together again, so hopefully that won't be too much longer!

Now, I also have to go hold my crystal ball and see if he/she tells me their name. If not, it's off to buying a baby name book and see what jumps out at me! hmmmm............

oh hearthcricket, I'm so glad you started this thread! I've enjoyed it throughout each posting. :D

HearthCricket

Pumpkin said:
I have been looking at a few online and keep looking at them. One is now on it's way to your house, so I know it was not meant to me mine. lol But the good news is that I still get to hear about her here. :D

Oh, are you the one who had her and another one in your cart? I kept waiting to see if the person would be buying them. Lucky for me that you didn't and I called the place up and the minute you didn't commit, they sold it to me! Must have been karma, being Miranda's sister and all... :D

Little Baron

I'm up for the ten minutes a day, if anyone else is.

I appreciate that nothing might happen for many many weeks or longer, but that is what you have to go through, I thought.

But frustration is not so frustrating if we are all doing it together.

If we do it, it would be nice to do it properly.

This ink blot thing. Am I right in thinking that he means intuiting what shapes and shadows look like? Almost like tea leaves? I thought that actual images would come, like I see in my head? I thought that that was what came with a lot of practice, rather than relying on intuition.

Maybe we could do our ten minutes a day and report back on how it did or didn't work?

If so, HC, do you know when is the best light or dark to do it in? I think I remember it being said that evening was best with a few candles not too near to the ball.

LB

celticnoodle

I'm in it too! However, for me, daytime is best---I'm alone in the house, and it's quiet and I can find the time to spend with the crystal ball easier then.

yes, LB, I too thought I'd see pictures in the ball, (my daugher & mother describe it as seeing it the images that way). maybe it's different for everyone?

10 minutes a day, if all is in agreement? then, keep a log maybe of our experiences, ect. and report back, how often? on a weekly basis? unless something HUGE occurs?

this will be exciting!

HearthCricket

Well, this is one of the reasons why I want to look into other books, as well. Will I see actual images, will I see things that I need to discern, or will I see nothing at all. There seems to be so much involved with it, depending on who you read. I highly recommend people reading books and searching on the internet before even trying this. It isn't like we can all sit down one day and say "hey, this is what I saw, what did you see?" It isn't that easy. My understanding it that it takes a long time. You need to devote yourself to caring and bonding with your crystal ball. You need to get to know it inside and out. Know how to train your mind for gazing and getting into a trance-like condition.

Most say night is the best time (or the dark) which can also mean late afternoon and evening, in the fall, here in New England. One candle behind the ball, so that it is illuminated from behind. Low lighting, but obviously enough so you can actually make out things. I am just as new as this, or newer, than anyone else, so right now I am just reading and reading as much as I can so I will have an idea as to what on earth I am doing staring at a crystal ball. And it does take time....months and months, usually, to see anything. In the meantime, read, get to know your crystal ball, read some more, name it, bond with it, care gently for it. Ted Andrews said "it is your child". Give it a name. Say good morning and good night to it. Get it know its personality. Know every plane and rainbow it has. Etc. And be very patient. It isn't going to happen overnight!

Pumpkin

HearthCricket said:
Oh, are you the one who had her and another one in your cart? I kept waiting to see if the person would be buying them. Lucky for me that you didn't and I called the place up and the minute you didn't commit, they sold it to me! Must have been karma, being Miranda's sister and all... :D

lol, yep. That was me. I did buy the other one last night. I just kept looking till it felt right.

She is on her way to your house, as it should be.

My baby will be on her way. I think she looks like a Sophia. Love that name.

HearthCricket

Oh, that is good....she looks like an even balance of clear on one side and clouds on the other. Miranda has a lovely balance of everything in her, and Ophelia has a lovely clarity to her, with all the rainbows, plus is a tad smaller, so I won't be repeating myself with two around the same size. I really thought I would be disappointed without a large crystal ball, but am realizing smaller is easier to work with, as most books and websites point out. Plus the real quartz gets terribly cloudy as they get larger, and then it isn't much good for me, at least.