Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Ludy Lescot - Hermit IX

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Ludy Lescot Tarot

Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Ludy Lescot - Hermit IX

Well, this chap looks very well fed for a hermit. He's got the lamp but I don't see him as searching for spiritual enlightenment somehow.

It seems more likely that he's searching for someone who has escaped his clutches. I don't think he is the same person as the Chariot driver, he might be looking for chariot-girl though. I get an impression of power and arrogance more than anything else frokm this figure.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Hemera 
Citizen

Well fed-LOL Yes, it´s true that he is not very..."hermity". He looks like a nobleman with his expensive silk frock coat and the chariot behind him. He doesn´t look evil to me. He looks more like a good guy worried about something.

His hat looks like the one of the Charioteer. I´d say this is the Charioteer and the girl has escaped to the woods in her despair and he is worried.

What´s with the cat? He looks like the kind of guy who´d have well bred and obedient hounds by his side. Maybe the girl has shapeshifted into a cat?
Are his eyes open or closed, what do you think?
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

Elendil 
Citizen

He seems to be waiting for someone - but why wait beside a graveyard? (There are tombstones beyond the carriage).

I immediately think of the novel 'Dracula' when I see this card. Near the beginning Jonathan Harker meets a coachman who takes him off to Castle Dracula, his host's retreat, far away in the mountains and away from the whole of civilization (and what unholy revelations await him there!) The coachman in the story is likely Dracula himself (there are enough clues in the text to suggest so at least) - but we never really know for certain.

The black cat is a 'traditional familiar' for both warlocks and witches. Like everything else in this deck, The Hermit is not exactly what he seems...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Quester 
Citizen

I also think he is waiting for someone to find him and holding the light to show the way.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

Minotauro 
Citizen

maybe he is the chariot driver , waiting for the girl?

is this all suposed to be in cronoclogical order?

after all people search for the hermit...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Resident

Prasomchai 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
I also think he is waiting for someone to find him and holding the light to show the way.
I thought that too. He is ready to take you into the darkness of the cemetery, if you would only be so bold as to approach him and request to be taken.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Resident

Shadowdust 
Resident

Here is a better scan: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-v...yE/s512/09.jpg

At first I thought he looked straight into the reader. He held the light, asks us to follow him. But after read Hemera's post I'm not sure his eyes open or not.

Usually hermit's lonely, but here he has a small companion
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Citizen

daisy chain 
Citizen

hi strange i find him kinda creepy like a charlse dickens character
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

MaineGirl117 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy chain View Post
hi strange i find him kinda creepy like a charlse dickens character
Charles Dickens was very good at wrapping real life concerns into ficticious parables that were digestable to the reader. In some way, his audience could identify with the story and characters. He didn't disguise the harshness of reality and I don't think this Hermit does either. What he shows to me is that even in the dark, there is always a bright spot of hope if you but look for it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

crystalwings 
Citizen
The Hermit

I like the Hermit visiting a grave yard. Has he gone there to find answers to his past? Or did he find what he was looking for? Does he shine his light on your past?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.