Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Ludy Lescot - The Sun XIX

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Ludy Lescot Tarot


 
Hemera  Hemera is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jun 2006
Location: Building wings on the way down
Posts: 10,735
Hemera 
Citizen
Ludy Lescot - The Sun XIX


This is my favourite card in the whole deck. I like the Sun card to be female and here we have this glorious glass painting with a beautiful lady that looks like the Sun Goddess to me. The woman in the foreground is enjoying the sun and I like the expression in her face. She is looking at the suffering man (vampire?) and sort of sorry for him but then again not really. Very ambiguous, I think, and it leaves room for all kinds of interpretations. The glass painting has been shattered and the birds are flying in. They look like seagulls to me with their slender bodies and long wings but they could also be doves.
Attached Images
 
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Aerin's Avatar
Aerin  Aerin is offline
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 7,266
Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin's Avatar

It almost looked to me as if the birds are forming from the shattered glass. I thought "seagulls" because of the black tipped wings, but I haven't quite figured out why that would be. Is the man coming from the sea?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
RunningWild  RunningWild is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Mar 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan
Posts: 1,934
RunningWild 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
It almost looked to me as if the birds are forming from the shattered glass. I thought "seagulls" because of the black tipped wings, but I haven't quite figured out why that would be. Is the man coming from the sea?
I think it's more because of the setting we assume this story takes place in, Louisiana. Somewhere near the Gulf of Mexico.

And seagulls are aggressive birds. So too appears the figure crashing in the stained-glass window, whose actions allow light to enter.

It's interesting to me that this must occur in a church or cathedral and that the side the figure crashes is the side with the stained-glass image of the sun. No longer can the woman hide within the church, hide from society, or use its metaphorical walls to shield her.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Winterchild's Avatar
Winterchild  Winterchild is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Mar 2012
Location: Fringe Dweller
Posts: 2,705
Winterchild 
Citizen

Winterchild's Avatar
The Sun


The shadow man could be letting in the light, and peace (the doves if they are doves...) to me it looks as if the woman is turning away, like she doesn't want to see. I did a reading today and got Judgement, The Sun and The Queen of Wands. I have blogged about it... link when you click on my name.

Wish we could post links direct to blogs here..... I always link back to anything I refer to on AT so it is two way traffic
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
crystalwings  crystalwings is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jul 2012
Location: u.k.
Posts: 198
crystalwings 
Citizen

Seagulls breaking through the window would make sense as this is the sun card... Take a break your problems wont seem as big/bad, the diminishing figure... Holiday by the sea...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
kaushalyaandfrank  kaushalyaandfrank is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 27 Feb 2013
Location: Western Province, Sri Lanka
Posts: 99
kaushalyaandfrank 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterchild View Post
The shadow man could be letting in the light, and peace (the doves if they are doves...) to me it looks as if the woman is turning away, like she doesn't want to see.
I agree that she doesn't want to see, and this makes sense when considering the LWB. Further, the man, who is likely a vampire, has unexpectedly let the sun in in his attempts to escape it, this has not happened to the lady's convenience or as per her expectation- again this supports the LWB quote.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Pam O's Avatar
Pam O  Pam O is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 2,588
Pam O 
Citizen

Pam O's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterchild View Post
Wish we could post links direct to blogs here..... I always link back to anything I refer to on AT so it is two way traffic
Hi Winterchild,
I could not find your LL blog info so easily. I would be interested to see your LL ponderings on the different cards you blogged about. What about pasting your blogging thoughts about the various cards into each of the individual card threads threads here?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Sar's Avatar
Sar  Sar is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,931
Sar 
Citizen

Sar's Avatar

Burned children avoids the sun...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Pam O's Avatar
Pam O  Pam O is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 2,588
Pam O 
Citizen

Pam O's Avatar

The lady in the foreground of the Sun card certainly looks calm with all that chaos happening in the background. She almost seems to be showing off her neck in such a way that a vampire would be very attracted.

When I first saw this card, I thought a shadow of a demon was breaking thru the stained glass window. After reading this thread, it does feel like what I saw as the demon is a vampire trying to get away from the Sun while she sits there stroking her neck with attitude of, "Try to come get me now."

I do appreciate the multitudes of angles of the LL cards. They do offer such a variety of card interpretations. This feels like a great deck for showing one thing for one reading, and something completely different for another reading situation with the same card(s).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Sar's Avatar
Sar  Sar is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,931
Sar 
Citizen

Sar's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam O View Post
The lady in the foreground of the Sun card certainly looks calm with all that chaos happening in the background. She almost seems to be showing off her neck in such a way that a vampire would be very attracted.

When I first saw this card, I thought a shadow of a demon was breaking thru the stained glass window. After reading this thread, it does feel like what I saw as the demon is a vampire trying to get away from the Sun while she sits there stroking her neck with attitude of, "Try to come get me now."

I do appreciate the multitudes of angles of the LL cards. They do offer such a variety of card interpretations. This feels like a great deck for showing one thing for one reading, and something completely different for another reading situation with the same card(s).
Or that God heard her prayer and let the glass painting consume him, so after this he is a part of it. Captured by the sun for all eternity.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.