Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

That tarotworld.com shop has a lot of different ones.

http://www.tarotworld.com/shop/searchresult.html

From what Wheel has said I would almost wager the Premium one in the orange box is only one with the dried mud backs and no copyrights.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #31
Future Fella

agviz 
Future Fella

This size, that size, big size, small size. I'm about to go bananas.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #32
Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

It does seem like a strange approach. Usually they'll introduce one thing and test the market, if it's successful they expand on it. This time it seems like they did it in reverse.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #33
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I just found a "Deluxe" English edition that fits your description to a T, except for the box: http://www.tarotworld.com/shop/searc...showUid%5D=106. So maybe the German edition comes in the orange and white box, and the English in the blue and white? (The Spanish and French editions are also in blue and white boxes.)
I learnt the hard way. My local shop had this one in stock. It looked like the box from the initial post, except it was in English. Good sign (I thought).

I bought it then instantly regretted it. It has a similar box to the Premium Edition, except it says "Deluxe" edition - which I suppose could be "Premium" in English if you see what I mean. Everything else looked the same.

It had the same release date as the one on amazon (April 2016) but it is just the large sized one with the Rosicrucian Cross backs and typeface lettering. Not good...

We need an ISBN - this thread is becoming very confusing. I was trying to check the ISBN with the amazon link in the shop but couldn't find an ISBN listing.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #34
Citizen

delizt 
Citizen

Well fingers crossed! I ordered from the Amazon link I found, it ships from Germany and I've em'd the seller to confirm the dimensions.... hoping for the best!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #35
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
I learnt the hard way. My local shop had this one in stock. It looked like the box from the initial post, except it was in English. Good sign (I thought).

I bought it then instantly regretted it. It has a similar box to the Premium Edition, except it says "Deluxe" edition - which I suppose could be "Premium" in English if you see what I mean. Everything else looked the same.

It had the same release date as the one on amazon (April 2016) but it is just the large sized one with the Rosicrucian Cross backs and typeface lettering. Not good...
That was my thinking. Sorry you found out the hard way. It always sucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
We need an ISBN - this thread is becoming very confusing. I was trying to check the ISBN with the amazon link in the shop but couldn't find an ISBN listing.
In Amazon US, the ONLY listing with ISBN numbers is the Giant's:

ISBN-10: 3038194395
ISBN-13: 978-3038194392

I haven't checked the Amazon UK or the Amazon Germany listings, though. Maybe there is more data there.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #36
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

I think the only foolproof way of truly knowing is if Wheel of Fantastic - or somebody who has received it - posts the ISBN. It isn't the pocket version that he/she received, is it?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #37
Citizen

magicjack 
Citizen

OK. Amazon.com has one that is orange and one that is white. The white weighs more than the orange and is a few dollars more. But they are the same dimensions. Can we assume the dimensions are wrong and the white one is standard and the orange is pocket size and the white is standard because of the price being more? (Head spinning like Linda Blair)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #38
Future Fella

agviz 
Future Fella

I'm thinking of getting this version. It's English and 70mm x 120mm. I just have to hope for the right backs.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #39
Citizen

Tibor 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by agviz View Post
I'm thinking of getting this version. It's English and 70mm x 120mm. I just have to hope for the right backs.
That's what I wanted to get too but I was unable to place an order. It does not accept my post code. I emailed them
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.