Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

My new blog

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Citizen

stellar4 
Citizen

Just taken another look - the text is much easier to see. Excellent insightful content too!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
TarotHeaven.com

Laurelle 
TarotHeaven.com

Thank you so much Abrac. I think that your blog is a great idea. The knowledge and intellect that you have is indispensable and should be shared.

And I do agree that there is a lot of parroting the symbolism that is incorrect. Even I have been guilty of doing this, though I wasn't aware.

I have since taken up your position, and have become more interested in reading occult documents and finding the hidden truth.

Like in Death.....that's the sacral spine/kundalini.....it's not just some "white flower' on his black flag.

And in Temperance, those are Iris's NOT lilies like I've heard on AF. More than once I've heard of those flowers as lilies. They are NOT!

The goddess Iris was the goddess of rainbows....

I've even thought of forming some kind of organization that fact checks tarot websites. Then we can give them a stamp of approval from our organization. lol. But seriously, there some major misinformation out there. And then there;s the whole "tarot is whatever it means to the individual....." ummm .....actually no. Those are occult symbolism that are universal because there is subconscious universal information.

That was my brief rant.

I am always learning, so I appreciate a blog like yours. Seriously, always learning. Always evolving. Always reading.

Thanks,

Laurelle

Email me any time at tarotheaven at gmail
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Laurelle.

I think a lot of people are still stuck in the idea Waite was an occultist and his symbolism can be understood by recourse to occult interpretation. He used symbolism that derived from many different sources, including occultism, but what's important is the meaning he attributed those symbols. It all goes back to Christian mysticism. His Hidden Church of the Holy Graal is little more than an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church; a church that has lost the hidden keys, but still the one true Church.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Thank you for the link! Bookmarked it already! I wish you success. I'll continue to follow your writing.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac View Post
His Hidden Church of the Holy Graal is little more than an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church; a church that has lost the hidden keys, but still the one true Church.
Why did he have to wrte an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church?

and Why is it still the one true Church?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 
Citizen

Ah. I came across this and did not realize it is yours Abrac, are you on Tarot History Forum?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 
Citizen

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Laurelle.

I think a lot of people are still stuck in the idea Waite was an occultist and his symbolism can be understood by recourse to occult interpretation. He used symbolism that derived from many different sources, including occultism, but what's important is the meaning he attributed those symbols. It all goes back to Christian mysticism. His Hidden Church of the Holy Graal is little more than an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church; a church that has lost the hidden keys, but still the one true Church.
*taking a mental note to self and bookmarking your blog*

Thank you!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

No I'm not registered on the THF. Are you? The last time I tried to register it said they weren't accepting new members. I go there and read occasionally.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

Quote:
No I'm not registered on the THF. Are you? The last time I tried to register it said they weren't accepting new members. I go there and read occasionally.
I just registered a couple of hours ago. I am sure I read today that Le Pendu has made registering easier in light of AF closing.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 
Citizen

Quote:
Yes. They have fixed it now So you can now register I really do hope to see you there
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.