moldavite anyone?

priscilla

It is said that moldavite has very stong vibration and suggested being used with other crystals as a balancer. it is also said that moldavite can cause dizzy if we're not stong enough to wear it. Is it true? Does anyone have any experience using moldavite? Thx

linnie

I have a very tiny piece that my daughter gave me... It is cocooned inside a silver, egg-shaped, locket, and makes the most wonderful, clear-swinging pendulum that I own. That is the only way I really use it, because it is o effective in that instance...

Apollonia

I had a very powerful experience with a small piece of Moldavite. A few days after I obtained it, I decided to work with it a bit. I held it in my hand for about a minute, whereupon I felt such a strong sensation of being rocketed out of my body that I had to put it down. For the next 36 hours, I felt spacey, ungrounded, jittery, and as if I weren't really "here".

After I began feeling like myself again, I noticed that my perceptions about some things were different. For example, when listening to music, extremely vivid moving pictures would appear in my mind. Also, one evening I clearly saw my dog Zorro, who had crossed over several months earlier, as if he were standing right in front of me.

Thinking it over aftewards, I feel what probably happened was that it raised my vibration very suddenly and unexpectedly, which was quite a startling experience, but overall a good thing. I definitely wasn't prepared for it, and if I had it to all over, I would, but I would make sure I didn't have anything important to do for the next couple of days, because although I could do my scheduled readings just fine, I felt a bit ill at ease when I had to interact with people. I just felt very "raw" and uncomfortable in my skin for that period of time.

After this experience, I was a bit hesitant to touch the Moldavite crystal again, but I found that it was apparently a one-time thing.

Mali61505

Oh I just love moldavite! I think everyone handles it differently though. For me and makes my whole body hum and puts me in a very relaxed state( almost like if i were high i guess) but with my mom it has an opposite effect. Her knees hurt her alot and her body is stiff but when she has moldavite she has te energy of my 6 yr old! I think she actually attempted a cart wheel ahaha. love it!

tarotlaura

I have a small piece of Moldavite on my reading table. The first time I held it, it gave me such a bad headache. Someone told me to bury it in a small bowl of coarse sea salt because it probably carried over some negativity from the last person or people to handle it. So I did that. The next time I held it I felt this rush of heat from my head to my toes. It was really cool actually. They say that it's the stone of change and that anything in your life that not needed any more will be removed. Two weeks after acquiring my husband at the time asked me for a divorce. I don't really know if that has anything to do with the stone or not, I just thought it was really interesting.

I haven't really done anything with it yet. This thread has got me thinking that maybe it's time to pull it out again and see what happens. It's such a unique stone and it effects everyone differently. Looking forward to reading the responses.

maria27

Hello,
I have several pieces of Moldavite that I use and wear, and I have made jewellery using this stone. I found the first time I came in contact with it I became a little 'spaced out'. A grounding stone can help balance this out. I usually wear my Moldavite jewellery with a smokey quartz ring...works for me :)
I usually have very intense dreams if I wear this stone while sleeping...From what I have learned from a good friend who is a geologist and dealer of genuine Moldavite, is that it does not like salt...it only needs cleansing with purified water, it also has the ability to connect one with the Akashic records, and is a stone of transformation, will bring to surface anything that needs transforming.

My experience, and hope it is of some help.....(please be aware that there is alot of man-made Moldavite in the market, as a gemology student I like inform others of synthetic material that may be around and may not be disclosed to the buyer)
:))

celticnoodle

I've just purchased a moldavite piece that can be put on a chain and worn as a necklace. I have to get a chain for that and have not done so yet. I just picked this piece up Friday, when I saw it in the store where I work. I think it is very pretty--(will have to put a pic here when I can of it). I did notice that when I put it on a chain that I own w/a medal on it, the moldavite became quite warm, which I have read is also very common. Odd, as I am usually very cold all the time. At any rate, it is very new for me and I don't have much else in reference for it. I'm hoping it will help me on my spiritual development and also to keep my chakras cleansed, which it is suppose to be good for. time will tell!

Alta

Hi Maria, any tips for the buyer to be able to tell real from synthetic?

maria27

Hi Alto, unfortunately Moldavite is a bit of a tricky one as it is essentially glass- SiO2, so synthesizing is very easy!
I have mostly seen photos of man-made Moldavite produced in China and sold on ebay that is a different shade of green to the olive/khaki green of true Moldavite...however I do recall seeing a piece of man-made Moldavite that was very convincing, had me fooled....as I'm not a Moldavite expert I'm very suspicious of most....(scorpio here ;) )
This site has alot info about Moldavite- http://www.moldavites.co.uk/
1 thing to remember is that Moldavite comes from Czech Republic, the name derived from Moldau River, so Moldavite from China or Nigeria = suspect.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, the above site does do authentic certification, some faceted pieces can be pretty pricey investments! Otherwise if you have a Moldavite or any other stone for that matter that you're not sure of, contacting a Gemlab, GIA (states) GAA (Aus) would be the safest and surest :)