Sabian Symbols Study Group: Sagittarius 2 - #242

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: SAGITTARIUS
Degree: 2
Number: 242

Symbol: THE OCEAN COVERED WITH WHITECAPS.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 241.jpg
    241.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 323

MCsea

Ahh the space - endless - the vastness - here on earth!

Sabian Symbol: The ocean covered with whitecaps
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Irrepressibility
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Pelvic girdle
Crystal Element: White Agate (Peace Agate)
Expression: White Agate is a variety of banded silica. White Agate enhances universal knowledge, and promotes Mermaid and Atlantean energy.
Sun Focus: You are cheerful and lively, attracting unusual and eccentric friends and pastimes.
Affirmation: I seek adventure and freedom.

bershka

Hi everyone,

This is the first message of Sabian Symbols I drew online using Lynda Hill's Ask oracle online site.

SAGITTARIUS 2: THE OCEAN COVERED WITH WHITECAPS
You may find that surface emotions have been whipped up and this has led to a concern that is disproportionate to the depth of the situation. Things have a deeper sense of strength and permanence than they seem. Get below the surface where things are calmer and more stable.

Mobilization of energy and emotions. Safety in the deeper, more secure emotions.

The Caution: Getting fussed and irritable over nothing or at least very little. Nervousness.

Since I am a Sagittarius, this really makes sense as I am a nervous person!

I am searching to order a book online to study this card in depth, but the ones I have highlighted jumped out at me and to continue meditating on a daily basis, perhaps longer like extending to 20 minutes or 30 minutes a day to mobilise these emotions.

Anybody who had this card, your stories are appreciated :)

purple_scorp

Hi bershka,

and welcome to the sabian symbols. I love your avatar btw, it's so calming and peaceful.

I don't think I've ever drawn this card for myself, or in a reading for someone else either. But, that doesn't stop me from discussing it ;) lol.

I believe how you see this card will depend on how you see the ocean in general. Sure, this symbol is about the white caps on the ocean, and, you don't normally get white caps on a calm day.

So, inherent in the symbol's title is choppy conditions but even so, it would then depend on your vantage or viewing point of this ocean as to how it reflects you.

For example, what if you are in a beautiful mansion, high on a cliff-top, overlooking this ocean. You are safe, and warm, and simply look at the ocean's movement with wonder. Realistically, viewing a choppy ocean is going to be more exciting than viewing a calm one, as there is much more activity.

I guess what I am saying is that with the symbols, sometimes you have to look a little deeper and visualise what the symbol actually means to you.

If you prefer a slightly-choppy to a calm sea, then, there will be no nervousness associated with this symbol. It's all a matter of your perspective.

with love
purple_scorp