Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

WalesWoman

I think that helps...a lot. Thanks... just take it one step at a time. Then pull it all together.

Phoenix Rising

Ok Luna...Question: We have laid out the cards starting in scorpio(October)Now we find our Rising Sign..mine being Pisces which the card is Emperor. So Emperor becomes my first house. So does that mean the emperor card now becomes in the house of Aries(first house) and then every other card moves along following in order? Then the dates or months we read the cards in, are based on the original layout(Sun in scorpio)or the new layout after putting the rising sign in the first house of Aries?

So your Rising Sign is Virgo(Ace of cups)So that becomes the first house in Aries. And your second house in Taurus would be Emperor? So would Ace of cups be read in the month of it's original layout being in Virgo(Aug-Sept)or in the month of Aries(Mar-Apr)

I hope I have made myself clear.

lunalafey

lol- this is the toughest part of the spread- the Twist....
(did you read the post in response to Whales Womans Q?)
Card-Sign combinations remain, once the cards are layed out they do not change thier positions- where you start to read them is the only 'change'

I 'code' my combination as such
1st house- Ace of Cups (Virgo)
I won't get to Aries until my 8th house.

The relation of aries to the first house is that it just represents the same thing (ego-self). The order of houses corrolate with the meanings of houses- but the Aries influence does not stay connected to the 1st house, the sign that influences that is one's rising sign.....

that help?
(lol- it's so hard to get away from aries!!!)
Aries as first house is the traditional way of reading the astrological spread.
I did not feel that the Aries position fit for a person who has a different sign for thier rising.
I do not have an Aries ego, I have a Virgo ego :D

here is my start on the yearly house part of the spread
http://67.19.40.82/showthread.php?t=33644

that might help too

WalesWoman

Well, duh, I posted my 1st house and realized that I'm doing something all wrong...I should have had Justice in there and forgot all about that. Also we are just using our natal charts? Other wise we would have to have the progression/transits for each month and use a different chart for every one?

I printed out a natal/progression yesterday, so some of these planets, like Mercury, might be somewhere else today. Neptune isn't going anywhere for a long, long time and neither is Saturn, both are in Libra. So (I finally looked at the correlations for the Majors instead of that other whatever I was doing) and discovered I should have had Justice, Hanged Man, Magician as well as the 9 Cups that I drew for this spot. Yes? or only the Neptune from my natal chart? then it would just be Justice, Hanged Man and 9 Cups. Sorry, sorry, but I am doing a great job of confusing myself here.

lunalafey

I just read what you posted and it looks good-
WW's thread

You mixed the 1st house influences (what your calling aries/mars) with the Justice Jupiter influences just fine- does it sound like you? that's the real test.

You take that ego-independance of the first house (the aries aspect in astrology) and have that Libra energy that exerts the independance and you have one who makes it to one end of the boat to the other without rocking it even when everyone else is yelling "sit down". But in the end everyone is cool cuz the boat still floats.
Does that make sense?
If assoc. house with thier 'home' sign helps to remind you of what that house is about- then do it. (don't let my aversion to Aries keep you from finding your own method- LOL)

WalesWoman

Yeah I recognised myself...don't rock the boat approach. Ok, well, then guess I'm off to the second house.

lunalafey

overwhelmed? -your not alone......

I tried something tonight because I was 'lost' with anything coherant with my
4th house. I understand the notes and get the feeling. But I have half sentences and ....uhg! no, I was not drinking.
So I decided I would put most of the information out in a (very virgo) specific order and then just looked at the very minimum.

#Hs-HsSign-SignMjr / Card* {*} / sign ruler - rulers major

*- if the card is a Major then this space is for it's astrological associations.
I say sss; for example my Emperor card is associated with Aries which is ruled by Mars. If the Major is a planet- then also associate the sign it rules.
This space can also be used for the astrological associations of the pips.
For court cards- I have my own 'set' of what sign each has- except the Pages. I keep them open to any of the three signs of the elements.
what I end up with is this-

1st Hs. Virgo-Hermit /Ace of Cups /Mercury-Magician

From this I kept it minimal.
1st house is my inner-self
Virgo is the picky aspect of my personality (what I want)
Hermit is the search (for what I want)
Ace of Cups is emotional fullfillment
Mercury-communication
Magician- Table
..............huh?....Even though I used a different deck- RW's Magician came to me while doing this and it was the table that 'clicked'
Putting it on the Table- as in open communication
All on the Table- having it all (or knowing it all)
Each of these break downs lead to other thoughts but I limited myself to retain the sanity.

So what I see is a new found sense of love within.(house & house-sign major & card) Keeping grounded to the particular nature of Virgo, knowing what these particulars are, putting them in order and expressing them.(sign -ruling planet & planet major)

I was at work so have not done this with other houses, but the first one ties up my extended version quite easily.

mooncat2

Where have I been? I missed this.

Is there still time for me to join in?

WhiteRaven

I am completely and utterly LOST! ugh! I keep editing and re-editing and I still don't think I "get it"....I sure am trying though...been running around the apartment all day with my notebook in hand...everytime something would pop into my mind I'd jot it down...when I'd get in front of the PC again...off I went into threads to change this and change that. But I'm sure it's still completely off the wall.

BUT...I'm not frustrated yet...and this is a good thing, especially considering the day I've had in and out of the forum. :confused:

Edited to add: Wooo Hooo Luna...I finally found the tech thread! ;)

WhiteRaven

mooncat2 said:
Where have I been? I missed this.

Is there still time for me to join in?

I don't believe it is...I think anyone can join anytime they want within reason...

Luna..am I wrong?