The things I missed in this deck - after 28 years of looking!!

Thoughtful

Oh thank you Teheuti,
l have seen mention of this book and will now definitely purchase it.
:)

IndigoWaves

regarding the Six of Cups, the little girl, at least to me appears to have a full-grown woman's face. It is slightly reduced to fit the cowl. I got that impression the first time I laid my eyes on the card. What does everyone else think?
I've always thought this, too! Compare that face with 'known' children in the deck, like those on The Sun and the Ten of Pentacles... Her face is small and fine-featured but is still not like those child faces to me.

The larger, male figure is also unlikely to be a child as he appears to be in the same outfit that the guard who's walking away is in, albeit with that long red hat (which is the same style as the woman is wearing, pulled down.)

Also, to my mind the male figure isn't giving that cup to the woman, as folks tend to say, but is *receiving* the cup from her. Is it not much more natural/instinctual to sniff a flower that one has just received than to do so before handing it over to someone else? Meanwhile, she's watching his face and seems pleased by his welcoming reaction to her gift. :)

http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/57/43/90db6d602a8c552e1f27f810e6493325.jpg

Thoughtful

In the Death card l have just noticed an object in front of the little child on the ground. l can't make out what it truly is.
Is it a bunch of flowers, a toy musical instrument? l ask because its been bugging me and l seem to be drawn to this and l will be until l know what it is.
If someone knows what it is or what it represents l would be very happy.

rwcarter

In the Death card l have just noticed an object in front of the little child on the ground. l can't make out what it truly is.
Is it a bunch of flowers, a toy musical instrument? l ask because its been bugging me and l seem to be drawn to this and l will be until l know what it is.
If someone knows what it is or what it represents l would be very happy.
The Forum Index, which no one seems to look at, is your friend here. In the Death section one can find a thread called Object in death Card which contains the discussion you're looking for.

Rodney

Thoughtful

Thanks RWC l will head over there.

ETA: l must have been looking in all the wrong places, this is just what l was looking for. l have bookmarked it.
Thanks again. :)

Samweiss

And what I found interesting are the symbols on the dress of the Charioteer. At first I thought they looked like zodiac symbols. Are they alchemical? Anyone recognize them?

http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj07.jpg

I was reading Paul Foster Case's book Tarot Card Meanings: Fundamentals and in the chapter about The Chariot card I found this: "The skirt below the armor is divided into eight parts, and the units of its design are geomantic symbols, used in making magical talismans." :)

Water Lady

thank you for the forum index, tagged it so I can find it again, very helpful

sworm09

The "battle scene" on the bed in the 9 of Swords has really caught my attention.

When I look really closely at it it doesn't look like as much of a battle as much as it does someone being attacked. But what's really captured my attention is the fact to me it seems to hint at other cards. The man sitting under the tree looks like a flustered version of the man from the 4 of Cups. Also, the dual trees bring to mind the sign of Gemini, and having one side attack the other sort of fits the theme of this card. It's like the Lovers caving in on itself.

Also the figure in the card looks similar to the one in the 5 of Cups. Also it's interesting how the 9 of Swords seems like a vision of the 10 of Swords, which is probably why the figure is so terrified.

The red cover in the 10 half covering the man's body might be hinted at by the blanket in the 9 and the swords that hang over the man in the 9 have plunged into him in the 10. He's horrified because he knows that destruction is brewing.