Heart of Faery: Favorite Card

nami

Resurrecting an old thread. Hope no one minds. There's probably a few more members who own this deck now anyways.

My favorite card is the Faerie of Growth. When I was debating over whether to get the deck and looking at photos of the cards, I was on the fence until I saw this one. I just love everything about this card--the colors, the pose the faery is in and her expression, the glowing at the tips of her wings... When I look I look at it, I think of something growing in the night-something that steadily progresses but doesn't go notice until the "sun" comes out.

autumn star

One of my favourite cards from this deck is the Queen of Shadows - mostly because when I first got this deck I always drew this card and started to become quite familiar with her, and my own shadow sides, also she kind of looks like me or reminds me of myself without the antlers of course and my hair is not quite so wild ;)

My other favorite card is The Challenge - last year when I was going through a hard time, I woke up one morning to find this card lying on the floor beside my bed (I probably dropped it) but, I felt it was a really good sign that no matter what challenge I faced it was telling me that I could do it and that I would come through it in the end. So, it was kind of comforting. I also like the imagery and leaf mask that she wears.

The Lady of Unicorns has also been a favorite - because it's just a beautiful card and so pure and filled with longing and belief.

The Queen of Owls - such a peaceful and healing kind of energy to it.

Absynthe

The Dreaming

Is my favourite. The earthy olives, browns and pinks all work to create that vintage fairytale look. This card depicts the true nature of dreams for me, utterly beautiful yet bittersweet and a bit gothic with the thorns and brambles. Fairytales were always like that hope and love wrapped up with a good dose of longing and sadness too. The woman is traditional with red hair, a beauty from an age long past. The garden of her dreams is wild and untamed and harbours many creatures.The little dandelion creature is all about hope for me, he is such unfettered goodness. The magickal faerie and a host of other creatures are all enjoying her dreams whatever they are. This card for me is all about how faerie connect with us, through the power of dreams. They inspire and speak to us through our deepest longings and our dreams are always beautiful and to be treasured. Through our dreams at night we walk the path of faerie and commune with them honestly. Dreams are where faerie and humans collide.

thirdlibra

One of my favourite cards from this deck is the Queen of Shadows - mostly because when I first got this deck I always drew this card and started to become quite familiar with her, and my own shadow sides, also she kind of looks like me or reminds me of myself without the antlers of course and my hair is not quite so wild ;)

My other favorite card is The Challenge - last year when I was going through a hard time, I woke up one morning to find this card lying on the floor beside my bed (I probably dropped it) but, I felt it was a really good sign that no matter what challenge I faced it was telling me that I could do it and that I would come through it in the end. So, it was kind of comforting. I also like the imagery and leaf mask that she wears.

The Lady of Unicorns has also been a favorite - because it's just a beautiful card and so pure and filled with longing and belief.

The Queen of Owls - such a peaceful and healing kind of energy to it.

The Challenge feels so lonely to me! The eyes, they seem to say "You're just going to turn around and walk away, aren't you? Just like the rest. Pity. If only you could see the potential. It glows and dances around you..." How could you not rise to meet The Challenge, if only to make her day a little less lonely?