Salt Lamps

mercuryempress

Hi want to know if the salt in the lamp stays good forever?

I have the one in the basket with rock size pieces with the bulb on the bottom

I do try to rotate them when I remember but that has been far and in between

are they good indefinitely? or should I just get a new one

don710

Salt lamps do indeed last forever provided you maintain them properly.

Sometimes a salt lamp can "sweat", due to excessive humidity in the environment. This is because salt draws out moisture from the air, and that moisture sits on the surface of the lamp. If you leave your lamp on, the heat will keep the lamp dry and you shouldn't have any problems, but if you leave your lamp off for long periods of time, make sure it's in a dry environment, or the lamp could melt.

Salt lamps can get dusty over time as well, but aside from brushing the surface of the lamp lightly, there's not a lot you can do. Enjoy it, as the therapeutic effects will still be present and you get a lamp that ages as you do. :)

mercuryempress

Sometimes a salt lamp can "sweat", due to excessive humidity in the environment. This is because salt draws out moisture from the air, and that moisture sits on the surface of the lamp. If you leave your lamp on, the heat will keep the lamp dry and you shouldn't have any problems, but if you leave your lamp off for long periods of time, make sure it's in a dry environment, or the lamp could melt.

Salt lamps can get dusty over time as well, but aside from brushing the surface of the lamp lightly, there's not a lot you can do. Enjoy it, as the therapeutic effects will still be present and you get a lamp that ages as you do. :)

Ayram

I absolutely LOVE salt lamps. I always thought they were pretty but never thought to get one and then one day I just did. And once I got it home and turned it on at night I wondered why I'd waited so long! I ended up getting one for my friend for her b-day and for my teenaged son and for my mom. They bring such a peaceful, warm, comforting glow to the room and I've added them to my "arsenal" of things that help with insomnia or anxiety. I'm not sure I believe the negative ions are exactly measurable/work but who cares - just believing they might seems to do the trick for me cos my room does somehow feel cleaner with that lamp on. I got the round kind for myself, the more natural wonky look for others and the small version of the natural one for putting a beeswax tea light candle in.

Note that IMO the best ones have a darker color. The lighter they are in color the brighter the light will be. Or maybe for some people that's a good thing (?)!

mercuryempress

I absolutely LOVE salt lamps. I always thought they were pretty but never thought to get one and then one day I just did. And once I got it home and turned it on at night I wondered why I'd waited so long! I ended up getting one for my friend for her b-day and for my teenaged son and for my mom. They bring such a peaceful, warm, comforting glow to the room and I've added them to my "arsenal" of things that help with insomnia or anxiety. I'm not sure I believe the negative ions are exactly measurable/work but who cares - just believing they might seems to do the trick for me cos my room does somehow feel cleaner with that lamp on. I got the round kind for myself, the more natural wonky look for others and the small version of the natural one for putting a beeswax tea light candle in.

Note that IMO the best ones have a darker color. The lighter they are in color the brighter the light will be. Or maybe for some people that's a good thing (?)!

I sent one to my brothers job for his office and he loves it
and its an easy fix for cleaning my crystals
i just put them on top of them and voila

Ayram

Oooh never thought of using it for cleaning crystals (and tarot cards, yes?)! Thanks or that! ;)

celticnoodle

Hi want to know if the salt in the lamp stays good forever?

I have the one in the basket with rock size pieces with the bulb on the bottom

I do try to rotate them when I remember but that has been far and in between

are they good indefinitely? or should I just get a new one
I am so glad you put this thread up, M.E. I also have a salt lamp, 2 as a matter of fact & I love them too! Mine are both on a wooden stand & look more like a tower in rock form. Not exactly rotatable though. My daughter gifted me my first one, as she felt it could help me with my allergies & asthma. It does seem to do so, too! So, I bought another one as well. 😊

Don, this I didn't know & I thank you for your post too! My first lamp I noticed recently is indeed *weeping *, & I thought there was something wrong with it. The bulb did burn out & I live out in the middle of nowhere land, so getting the new bulbs isn't always a quick chore done. Hopefully I will find the bulbs & will buy a big supply, so I won't go through this again. My lamp has begun to melt though, so I wonder if I shouldn't use it any more then?

this is also great to know! 😊 thanks!

mercuryempress

Oooh never thought of using it for cleaning crystals (and tarot cards, yes?)! Thanks or that! ;)

I am so glad you put this thread up, M.E. I also have a salt lamp, 2 as a matter of fact & I love them too! Mine are both on a wooden stand & look more like a tower in rock form. Not exactly rotatable though. My daughter gifted me my first one, as she felt it could help me with my allergies & asthma. It does seem to do so, too! So, I bought another one as well. 😊

Don, this I didn't know & I thank you for your post too! My first lamp I noticed recently is indeed *weeping *, & I thought there was something wrong with it. The bulb did burn out & I live out in the middle of nowhere land, so getting the new bulbs isn't always a quick chore done. Hopefully I will find the bulbs & will buy a big supply, so I won't go through this again. My lamp has begun to melt though, so I wonder if I shouldn't use it any more then?

this is also great to know! 😊 thanks!

mine weeps a little as well

does your lamp use the little 10 watt bulbs?