Faerie Tarot: Four of Wands

Alan Ross

This is a rather unusual Four of Wands for a RWS based deck. With its lone faerie sleeping on a leaf lying on the ground, this card closely resembles the Four of Swords. There is an implication, supported by the LWB, of rest after labor.

Just behind her, there are four wands planted in the ground. Leaves have sprouted from the tops of the wands and the growth looks fully mature, possibly signifying the completion of the faerie's labors. This also leads to the suggestion in the LWB that these wands are deeply rooted, signifying "stability, balance, harmony, and patience."

Behind the four wands are several bare trees, reminding us that the suit of wands in this deck is associated with autumn.

Hemera

I love the moss green borders of this card. There are also the same columns on both sides of the card as in all of the Fours.
The Faerie´s dress is green and has veins like plant leaves. Maybe the dress is made of leaves?
It looks to me like the Faerie may not be asleep because her toes are twisted in a funny way. I feel that something in her expression suggests sadness or worry. This is indeed very different from the usual RWS Four of Wands!