Druidcraft Colors and Symbols - THE LORD

crazy raven

Colors and Symbols, The Lord

I’m just learning about the Druids and could certainly learn from those more adept in their rituals and customs. These are some thoughts regarding the colors/symbols of The Lord, in the major arcana.

When first gazing upon The Lord's colors and stance, his positioning resembles the number of this major arana, 4. The destiny of the number 4 is about creating events and circumstances which enable one to learn craftsmanship, practicality, industriousness, self-discipline, and leadership. The key words for number 4, is Let’s Get Organized’.

The Trinity or Godhead is known to be triangular in shape, (the throne) and the Lord sitting in its center could represent spirit descending into matter, making the symbol 4.

Pythagoras called the number 4 ‘right and left’: the land to your right and left as you stand, or the four corners of the earth. Geometrically, 4 is a square and very stable. It represents uprightness, honesty, integrity…..4 is devoted to family, community and country.

A rich Green color covers the lower torso of the Emperor….the Druids saw this color as a manifestation of the Divine…..nature was their place of worship and the true temple of the deities.

All quotes are from my color manuscript….
GREEN “Trust me, I am firm and constant. Be secure in me, let me nurture you and give you a sense of yourself, a sense of balance and self control, a sense of correctness. Things adjust in your as you work with the green healing color of my vibration.

Find me in the green of life around you, rich in the chlorophyll of the leaves and trees and all growing green things. Let your feet walk through tall grasses, stretch out your arms and breathe in my rich prana from the great pines, eucalyptus and sequoia……Notice you have built your planet clothed in my color. I am the very skin, the outer layer of your Logos, the beautiful clothing of green flowing robes of trees and thick rich algae.”

The stag’s antlers (antennae) are solid bone and grow behind the eyes symbolizing spiritual awareness and heightened perception. I’ve also read they were worn by the Celtic God Cerunos, and represent the tree of knowledge, creative strength, power and fertility.

Green is the combination of yellow and blue. Yellow for wisdom (mind) and blue the color of truth (spirit). Green is the keynote of our planet and the color of nature. It has a soothing and calming influence…in healing it has been used to quiet the nervous system, heal burns, lower blood pressure and protect the eyesight. Many operating rooms are colored in green to give Surgeons a rest from working intensely with a patient’s blood and tissues. It has also been said when there is a lot of green in hospitals, there are not so many infections.

Green “rules” the pituitary, the color red revitalizes and activates it . The pituitary is a ductless endocrine gland which sits close to the center of the brain. It secretes hormones into the (red) bloodstream. This gland acts as the ‘orchestrator of the endocrine system’. It controls the function of the other glands and stimulates the growth of bones and tissue.

Red (the Lord’s cape), is the complementary color or after-image of green. Red is a primary color, which means it cannot be produced by mixing any other colors. Red is the color with the longest wave-length and lowest sound frequency. It is a powerful stimulant, and it is aligned to the masculine energy. It is the symbol of passion, life, strength and vitality and helps to ground us. Red is the color the 1st chakra and is connected to the gonads and reproductive cycle.

RED “I flow like a river of crimson through your veins and arteries bringing the passion of life into your essence. I magnetise with my red liquid crystalline self your every need and pleasure. I endure, I root, I pioneer, I direct, I lead. I stimulate your senses of scent and touch, of seeing and hearing, and tasting the delights of the earth. I energize and rebuild that great organ of your blood when the challenges of life lay stress upon its function. I color your life blood with the red of the sunset and the ochre and crimsons of autumn leaves. I thrust life into your vehicle. I bring inner conflicts out to the surface to be understood and healed.”

Red can be soothing to some and irritating to others but paired with Green, these colors do work together well, however, either color could try, in certain circumstances, to dominate the other. This is probably why the artist added the blue (periwinkle blue?) in The Lord’s chest area. This soothes and balances both the Red and Green, adding/giving The Lord an emotional, supportive and nurturing quality. Blue is seen in teachers, counselors and caretakers of our planet. It is also one of more psychic and intuitive colors.

merissa_88

crazy raven said:
Colors and Symbols, The Lord

All quotes are from my color manuscript….

RED “I flow like a river of crimson through your veins and arteries bringing the passion of life into your essence. I magnetise with my red liquid crystalline self your every need and pleasure. I endure, I root, I pioneer, I direct, I lead. I stimulate your senses of scent and touch, of seeing and hearing, and tasting the delights of the earth. I energize and rebuild that great organ of your blood when the challenges of life lay stress upon its function. I color your life blood with the red of the sunset and the ochre and crimsons of autumn leaves. I thrust life into your vehicle. I bring inner conflicts out to the surface to be understood and healed.”

I love your color manuscript quotes! Thanks for including these and going into the balance of the green and red. Some writers (don't know how accurate this is) associate the color red with the warrior class in Celtic society. So I'm starting to pay attention to where red is a dominant color in this deck. It seems like a real warrior/leader has to be anchored in the Earth (green), connected to wisdom or intuition(blue), then they can use that red energy wisely. Although it's still pretty intense looking.

And there's that tan tinted with different colors showing up again. The Emperor can be rooted in logic or pragmatism, or just plain workmanlike.