Tarot Shadow Work: Support Lounge

flicker

I have received the Shadow Work book. I wanted to join the group but, I do feel at this stage in my life that it wouldnt be in my best interest to take this on board. I didnt now it would be something where I would be looking so deely within myself to do so, I wanted to set it to the back for a while and focus on working with my BG on a level I am comfortable with and working with some lighter decks. I feel I need a middle road at the moment a balance. I hope in time I will come back to it and thanks for recommending the book to me and offering to accept me in the study group.
I am multi tasking with University as well and I feel strongly that it needs proper attention to complete the process.
Thank you for your time

~Flicker~

Master_Margarita

flicker said:
I have received the Shadow Work book. I wanted to join the group but, I do feel at this stage in my life that it wouldnt be in my best interest to take this on board. I didnt now it would be something where I would be looking so deely within myself to do so, I wanted to set it to the back for a while and focus on working with my BG on a level I am comfortable with and working with some lighter decks. I feel I need a middle road at the moment a balance. I hope in time I will come back to it and thanks for recommending the book to me and offering to accept me in the study group.
I am multi tasking with University as well and I feel strongly that it needs proper attention to complete the process.
Thank you for your time

~Flicker~

There is absolutely no reason for you to do anything that you are not comfortable with. There aren't really any formal requirements for these groups. Flicker dear, please take care of yourself and work with your Shadow at the pace and to the depth that you want.

Namaste,

:heart: M_M~

mac22

Master_Margarita said:
There is absolutely no reason for you to do anything that you are not comfortable with. There aren't really any formal requirements for these groups. Flicker dear, please take care of yourself and work with your Shadow at the pace and to the depth that you want.

Namaste,

:heart: M_M~

Agreed. With all Shadow Work it's best to go slow do a little at a time. Be gentle with yourself.

Mac22

huredriel

((((Flicker)))) ....... I have done exactly the same!! I got my book over 2 years ago ...... started to read it ........ but rather than get into the workbook I delved into my shadow on a more mental level ....... and now it's time for me to be able to delve more deeply ....... I believe you will know when the time is right to be able to delve that deeply and in the meantime, you will probably gain lots of knowledge & wisdom that will help you when the time is right.

Hugs
x Huredriel

huredriel

autumnsdaughter said:
Also, I've been having a lot of weird dreams... not exactly scary, but really disconcerting. I can't really remember them clearly, just that the feeling I have in them is this out of place, bizarre, sinister atmosphere.

I guess I don't really feel like I've hit bottom yet. I feel like I'm still in the shallows, but I am a little nervous to go deeper. Does anyone have any ideas of how to go deeper?
After I started delving into my shadow a few years ago (not with the workbook, a lot more surface orientated at that time) ....... my dreams started to become a lot *more* (note I have always dreamed vividly nearly every night) ........ the way you describe the place & atmosphere reminiscent too ....... very probably because you are now reaching into a place you've not been before (hence the out of place) and that of the home of *fear* (sinister etc) ......... which, to me, shows fantastic progress already!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about hitting bottom or going deeper!!!!!!! That will happen when the time is right ......... just an idea (ignore if you don't feel it applicable as I can only go by my own experience) but keep paper & pen by the bedside & as soon as you wake up, jot down notes which will help to jog your memory ....... this does work in helping you to remember more of your dreams as time goes on. Plus the more detail you note in your dreams means the more you can then analyse to get the message/meaning of each dream. In turn, this will fuel more understanding, more progress & you will get even deeper :)

circlewalker

Vetch said:
I can perfectly see why the star in the Hermit's lantern speaks to you, moderndayruth, but it is not really a Star of David. The Star of David is a Hexagram; in the lantern is a six pointed star.
This can be a Star of David to those who feel it is one; to me, eg. it is the soul of the Hermit, and a merging of Fire, Water, Earth and Air.
Consider the Star of David as 2 triangles, one inverted touching apex to apex.
Classic symbology = as above, so below.

Take the point where they join as you - the universe extends infinitely without and within.

Slide one over the other to symmetry - more compact - and suddenly it's just a star - hidden in full sight!

in light

cw

Vetch

I hope I was not wisenheiming too much (how I love that word :) ) about that star. Thank you, moderndayruth and circlewalker, to me it seems like we're in tune about it.

Reading in this thread I am again wondering about the time we're sharing, the Here and Now on our Earth -- is it always like this and only seems so special because, well, it happens to us? I often think we must do great healing and clearing, Here and Now. Personally and global. It scares me, but it is also great.
We're living in interesting times indeed.

(Hard to put it into words, even harder for me in English...)

flicker

Thanks I feel better as I did feel a bit guilty about saying No to going ahead with the book.
I thought to myself I have spent money on this book its not cheap either but, in time it may be of use to me.

autumnsdaughter

huredriel said:
After I started delving into my shadow a few years ago (not with the workbook, a lot more surface orientated at that time) ....... my dreams started to become a lot *more* (note I have always dreamed vividly nearly every night) ........ the way you describe the place & atmosphere reminiscent too ....... very probably because you are now reaching into a place you've not been before (hence the out of place) and that of the home of *fear* (sinister etc) ......... which, to me, shows fantastic progress already!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about hitting bottom or going deeper!!!!!!! That will happen when the time is right ......... just an idea (ignore if you don't feel it applicable as I can only go by my own experience) but keep paper & pen by the bedside & as soon as you wake up, jot down notes which will help to jog your memory ....... this does work in helping you to remember more of your dreams as time goes on. Plus the more detail you note in your dreams means the more you can then analyse to get the message/meaning of each dream. In turn, this will fuel more understanding, more progress & you will get even deeper :)

Huredriel, thank you for this... I put a little notebook on my bedside table, so if I have any more dreams, I can write them down right away.

Today I had an amazing experience... I am a singer, but I was sick for about 3 months, and couldn't sing at all. Finally today I had my first voice lesson since getting mostly better... and I still could hardly sing, but my teacher was so patient and gentle and supportive. It was an emotional lesson, because it was so hard to know what I want to sound like, but I couldn't do it. She also has a knack for pointing out emotional issues beneath the surface that affect the voice... like my fears of doing it wrong, and being judged, and wanting to work hard and not be lazy. I really have a lot to ponder after this lesson.

moderndayruth

autumnsdaughter said:
Today I had an amazing experience... I am a singer, but I was sick for about 3 months, and couldn't sing at all. Finally today I had my first voice lesson since getting mostly better...

Autumnsdaughter, that's really good news! :thumbsup:
And I am happy you have such good and supportive teacher :heart:
I believe that what we are going through in terms of selfdevelopment reflects in every activity we are doing, i think your 'work with the shadow' is thus even more important as it, in my opinion, supports and contributes to the singing. Way to go!
Btw, i wondered how could your username be abbreviated... Hmmm :confused: Is 'ad' ok?
Love and Light
mdr