"School For Beginners"

Carla

I have read through this entire thread at last, and I did get quite uncomfortable during bits of it. I hope the Lenormand school will stick strictly to card meanings and combining and leave out all peripheral business having to do with personal rituals or beliefs. I look forward to learning the card meanings and combinations in a sort of 'group' setting.

Priestess

I hope all who participate enjoy it. LZ did say it was for beginners and if that includes her then I think it's a good thing. They will all learn together and have their own opinions I'm sure. So probably best to let beginners get on with it and leave them to it. Let them do it their way, and if any of us more experienced can help, she can always ask us if neccessary, without anyone underminding her. We all had to start somewhere. Good Luck LZ.

Ronia, I did understand your comment loud and clear.

ETA. I did see your meanings and combos Ronia, very well done and thank you. I enjoyed reading through them as I did the ones posted before by someone who did the treppner course a long time ago (sorry I can't remember their name at the moment) as you know Ronia, I love and enjoy everything to do with Lenormand as I know you do, and have done for a long time now.

Priestess

I couldn't agree more Carla, I felt the same myself. I hate to see this, when someone is only trying to get people from the forum to join in with them and do their best. Live and let live!

daphne

Priestess, I have myself translated, without any expectations for anyone to read my way, and posted two threads full of meaings and combos. I have also learned a great deal from the readers on the board without participating in any schools. I have no intention to participate in any these days either. I think you got me wrong. I prefer other ways of being taught. :D

Rania, can you please give the links to the 2 threads with the meanings and combos?
I would be very interested to read them.
Thank you!

celticnoodle

Okay. well now, I just also found this thread, for the first two classes, and I decided I should read through this one before carrying on, with the next class, which I think is going to be tomorrow and Sunday. I hope to be able to join in sometime during those two days as well, though weekends are rough sometimes, as the hubby is home, and we often are running around town taking care of things.

however, I've been meaning to and wanting to jump into learning the Lenormand for a long time now and I happened across this thread this morning and was thrilled, because I am a total newbie with Lenormand. I have quite a few decks of them, and love them all. I chose one to work with right now, for this, which is the Mystical Lenormand. I cannot wait really to get started, and plan to do my best tomorrow to print out that other thread you did, where you broke it all down into categories for us. THANK YOU!!!! Now, why didn't I think of that myself? :confused: no idea! but it is most greatly appreciated, as I know it took time for you to do it. :thumbsup:

I do not have the 2 books you mentioned, but see it is not a requirement anyway, but who knows, after going through this, i may just decide the are not to be without. But, for now, plan to just follow along with you as I can.

since you did ask us to share our way to prepare our decks--I will tell you that I do not do anything at all. I see them solely as a tool, much like a construction worker may view his hammer. this is me, and I have no problem with anyone who has special steps to getting their deck "ready". I do actually enjoy hearing how others 'prepare' if the do - their decks. But, for me, the only preparation is just to look at the cards, and decide if I like these cards or now. If I do, I keep them and use them. If I do not, I probably would not keep them or use them! that's pretty much the extent of my preparation. However, I DO like to shuffle cards completely and fully! I LOVE to ripple the cards into a shuffle and am often doing so with one deck or another, before or after a reading and even when I just am sitting watching tv. :D

I do also like to put them into order. this is just a thing with me. I will put them into order, and then shuffle them again to mix them up. no specific reason, really--save that I like to do this! I also do not like reading cloths. they get in my way. I prefer to just put the cards down on the surface where I plan to do my reading. I do not wrap them up afterwards and this may even make you gasp, but I also tend to just keep them rubber banded up when I go to put them away. Yes, I do have special bags for them, sometimes they are used, and often they are not. this is me, and how I am. I have no problem with others doing differently and I'm most likely am not going to change my way. it works for me.

I never smudge or even light a candle for a reading or anything. I just grab the cards, shuffle well and concentrate. I may say a silent prayer to my guides for guidance, but that is pretty much it. Sometimes I may set crystals around too, but again--it just depends on how I feel at the time.

I may say a quick prayer, close my eyes and take a few deep breaths. but agian, it really depends. sometimes I just pick up the deck and go!

celticnoodle

Well, so far I've made it to post #10 and I am liking all I'm reading so far. I guess I do more then I even think about, honestly, as I do sometimes like to take a card and meditate with it. I don't do this all the time, but sometimes I just feel the need to do so. Especially if it is a card that I just don't seem to 'get'.

I also like to sit/stand with my feet firmly on the floor before starting and sometimes will clsoe my eyes and take a few deep breaths to clear my head and myself. :p I will ask the question for the cards and shuffle while concentrating on the question. so, I guess I do prepare myself somewhat for readings. I often will also ask my guides to help me with a reading and invite the guides of my client to come and help me as well.

I always turn the cards over the same way--holding the deck in my left hand, and using the right to turn it over, like I'm turning a page in a book. I lay the cards down left to right. Generally, I do not read with spreads. I like free form and often am comfortable with 3 cards at a time. I do sometimes use spreads however.

and now it is movie time here in the household, so I'll finish reading through this and try to catch up by Monday with where everyone else is in the next thread. looking so forward to this. I will be 'playing' with and getting to know my deck while our movie is playing however. :D

Ronia

Rania, can you please give the links to the 2 threads with the meanings and combos?
I would be very interested to read them.
Thank you!

They are in the Lenormand Resources sticky thread on first page.

French ones: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=162640
Russian ones: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174105

We have tons of free info on the forum here but I don't know why it's never added to the stickies. We have to do it ourselves. You may also want to check the original Treppner thread which, I believe, was led by a lady very experienced in the Treppner reading style. Hopefully someone will add the link.

Aulruna

Moderator note

Just a quick info - the free resources thread was set up by a forum member and then made a sticky by the administrative team because of its usefulness. It is not a thread that belongs to any official entity - EVERYONE on this forum is encouraged to add to it, it's a living resource.

So, please feel free to add links and reference threads to your heart's delight!

lord_ewin

Just a quick info - the free resources thread was set up by a forum member and then made a sticky by the administrative team because of its usefulness. It is not a thread that belongs to any official entity - EVERYONE on this forum is encouraged to add to it, it's a living resource.

So, please feel free to add links and reference threads to your heart's delight!

As that may be, it would be useful of the Moderators kept it clean, or kept updating the table of contents...

daphne

They are in the Lenormand Resources sticky thread on first page.

French ones: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=162640
Russian ones: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174105

We have tons of free info on the forum here but I don't know why it's never added to the stickies. We have to do it ourselves. You may also want to check the original Treppner thread which, I believe, was led by a lady very experienced in the Treppner reading style. Hopefully someone will add the link.

Thank you, Ronia!
I did not know there is so much info on reading Lenormand here. I wish those precious threads on card meaning and reading "how to" would be discovered again and made sticky. I really struggle with grand tableau, I don`t know where to start, how to proceed, for me it`s like a monster layout.