The movie - The Gift

nauticalnun

The Gift

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided to start here. Has anyone seen the movie "The Gift" in which Cate Blanchett portrays a fortune teller? My question is, are the cards she uses in the movie a real deck? I wonder that everytime I watch the movie, but have never researched it.

lilith

I love this movie!

You know what? I love this movie and will watch it tomorrow to try to figure this out.

nauticalnun

It's one of my favorite of hers. The symbols on the cards make me think of runes so I thought it might be along those lines.

shemsu sutekh

OMG I love that movie so much. I have a deck of those cards, still trying to think of something to do with them. You can get them on ebay, but don't search for Zener cards, even though that's what they're actually called. Search for ESP cards, you'll find a ton.

I bought the deck cause I saw them in the movie and loved them so much!

Little Hare

I love this movie! hmmm i'd like to get the cards just for the hell of it

Alissa

Random fact: I attended a private lecture years ago where Cate was being interviewed live and the audience could ask questions. One question was how she prepared for the role in this movie, and did she believe in psychics?

She said she did not go to psychics in general, but visited a few in Hollywood in preparation. However she didn't consider herself psychic at all, and wasn't really sure how much she believed in them, in general. The ones she saw, she said, were not very good.

:)

Silverlyn

I love this movie and own the DVD!:) She was great in it, wasn't she?

And it sure was interesting how she could read ESP cards, wasn't it?

I was very interested in Parapsychology and ESP when a teen and remember seeing those cards a lot in my studies:)

Silverlyn