Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

Ok the Tabula Mundi tarot Majors only card files are now print ready! I changed the card border color from stark white to a warmer cream color and though I liked the white it is definitely an improvement. The warm tone makes the colors glow and the look more finished. The card backs are a black design on the cream, and the attribution symbols on the face of each card will be in silver foil. There will be an extra title card that lists the GD titles that will be hand signed and numbered. The cards will have rounded corners and are postcard sized.

The wooden boxes are in production. Once they get here I will stain them myself, either in a golden or cherry color, not sure yet. I may add a silk ribbon lining to the box, for easy card lifting, like the tins for the pocket size Rosetta have. The card back design is wood burned into the box, and the box has a built in display stand for the card of the day for your altar or for card scrying. I am only having 100 boxes made.

I just have to send the print files off to my chosen printer tomorrow and figure out a packaging option for the ones sold without a fancy box, as I know many will want that option. I have to decide how many decks to print. This will likely be the only edition at this size (4x6.25") and may be the only edition with the silver foil. Assuming there are ever any other editions, who knows at this stage! The full size deck, if I ever finish it and it ever manifests, will be standard size and I doubt I will be able to afford to foil a 78 card edition in the small editions I print.

Getting there! I hope to have a web page ready to order from soon. I still need to make web size and resolution pictures for the site. The card pictures won't show the foil as I have to render the symbols in black for the printers. Maybe for the web I can do in a grey, not sure yet. When I get a proof of actual cards I will try to capture the silver foil with a photo (though I lack a good camera not even a cell phone one.)

The publish date when they will be available to order will be Sept 25th. I will post the exact time later so you can try to be fast-clicky if you want to try edition number 1 or an early number, but it will be in the late morning Eastern time as far as I know.

I can't wait to see them in print. Been working on these for three years and think they are an interesting evolution from my last deck. The prints I have made at home on my photo printer look fantastic. I hope now that the Majors edition will be out I can get back to work and someday finish the Minors. I am having a bit of an existential crisis with them though, as I keep wondering if the Minors I have started are another deck entirely and I may start Tabula Mundi minors all over and save these for a third deck. Assuming I live that long, haha.

Spiffo

Exciting news; can't wait to push that order button! I'm so glad you decided to do a run with the Special Boxes.

Cheers

Babalon Jones

The files have been sent to the printer for the cards, and, the separate ones for the foil symbols.

The wooden boxes have the wood burning about done and are getting built/finished between tomorrow and Monday and scheduled to be shipped to me maybe as early as Monday. Then I'll stain them and add the silk linings to make the cards protected and easy to lift out. I want to stain them a cherry color and the linings are pewter color. :royal:

I have a fun but less pricey option for the cards without boxes worked out too. Something different - a combination of old world and modern. :cool4:

And then there is the economy version - cards shipped in a Ziploc brand evidence baggie :p

Alta

This sounds great, I so want a set in the special box. hehe, I love boxes and have a few.

daphne

I'll stain them and add the silk linings to make the cards protected and easy to lift out. I want to stain them a cherry color and the linings are pewter color. :royal:

Cherry colored box??? Pewter linings?? That is FABULOUS, you are such an inspiration!!
I want one!

Babalon Jones

I updated the website www.tabulamundi.com and have pictures up of all the cards (except for the card backs and two cards purposely left out so there will be something new to discover). They now show the borders and attribution symbols rather than just the rough scans I had up at the Rosetta site. There is a page for the cards in the color version, and a page for the cards as the black and white ink drawings before they were painted.

The color cards will have the symbols in silver foil, but here they are just shown in black. When I get actual pictures of the foil, and the finished boxes and packaging options I'll post them too.

daphne

The borders will be white? I had in mind black, maybe because it goes better with the rest.

Babalon Jones

The borders are only white on the black and white version of the deck. For the color version, the borders are a warm, cream tone, sort of a very pale yellow. I guess it does not really display well on the web. When I print the white version and the cream version on my home printer, it is totally obvious. I think the backlighting on monitors makes it look white.

I didn't want to do another black bordered deck. Originally this was going to have white borders, but I did lots of experiments and liked the way the cream tone gave the colors a warm glow.

I will try to post two cards of each version side by side here later. When you see the black and white version right next to the color version you can probably see the difference more easily. If you go to the website and toggle between the color version page and the black and white page maybe you can see it that way too. i can at least on this device.

Babalon Jones

Sorry for the delay, not feeling well today. Here is a picture of cards I printed at home to show the border color difference as compared to white. Not the best lighting, it shows more in daylight but I think you can see the color a little better than it shows on the website.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 148

Spiffo

Hope you feel better soon.
I like the creamy colour ... it's not as stark as pure white.
Mind you I'm also looking forward to working with the B&W version.
It might be fun if we organise some wee group that can colour together and maybe post photos of their completed card - I'm thinking this is going to be a profound and exciting process.

Cheers,

Sorry for the delay, not feeling well today. Here is a picture of cards I printed at home to show the border color difference as compared to white. Not the best lighting, it shows more in daylight but I think you can see the color a little better than it shows on the website.