Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

Mimers

Karen,

I am so glad to hear Minnie and her babies came through all right. Please after you get some rest, could we see a picture of the little beauties?

Rest well.

Amy

Imagemaker

Congratulations to Minnie and to you as Doula for the birth process. What a fun time you're going to have, watching the kittens discover the world.

lunakasha

CONGRATULATIONS Karen!!!

They must be sooooooo cute, little eyes closed, making the little kitten noises...OOOOOOH! Glad to hear everyone is healthy (well, except poor Lotte!).

I am sure you are very busy right now with the new arrivals....please keep us posted!

:) Luna

PS: Oh yeah.....PICTURES please, whenever you get a chance of course :D

baba-prague

Thanks!

Everyone is doing well except Lotte who is terribly upset and refusing to eat. I think she will come round, normally she has a very sunny personality. But suddenly she finds her friend is busy with these five little things that squeak and take all her attention (and that's just ME!) Minnie is trying to be kind to her - she sort of understands and seems to be as reassuring and affectionate as possible - Min is basically quite a motherly type.

Spectacular colouring has settled a bit and I think we really only have two silver and black tabbies - the rest are very dark brown/black tabbies. All the same we think all are the most gorgeous kittens ever!

Photos when their eyes open - hopefully in a day or two.
________

So, I said I wouldn't do this, but decided that we should show a version 2 of the High Priestess. Please remember probably none of these cards is absolutely final - but here she is (yes, I know I said we wouldn't put her in a decorated skirt, but then I remembered the fabric with the pomegranates on it...)

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_highpriestess2forweb.jpg

Thanks in advance for all comments - and for those so far too.

Strength maybe up this evening too - though we have had paw problems!

baba-prague

ps - just forgot to say

The figure above (someone asked?) is not holding a sun and a moon, only a moon. She is pointing to a light - not the sun - which represents the holy light of God (in the original). It seemed very appropriate in every way.

In the printed card this will be clearer of course. It;s really hard to see at this size.

Hedera

Glad to hear the kittens are well - I'm sure Lotte will feel better about the whole thing in a little while. :)
Some people (that includes cats) just don't take to change too well.

About HP.2; I think I liked the other one better, personally.
I like these grey columns (although it does awake the need for a white and a black one, all of a sudden), but this picture seems even lighter. And too busy now, as well.

Pointing to the light of God - Hmmmm.....
I don't feel it's really appropriate for an HP card. To me, she is more about mysterious, silent, dark knowledge. Light of God sounds better for the Hierophant.

All MHO, of course! ;)

Alta

I love this picture. The expression on the cat is perfect, just perfect. It makes the entire frame. I do not have a quarrel with pointing to the light in the image above. To me that what all that inner searching is headng towards. I find the image peaceful.

Looking forward to the kitten pics.

lark

I love this High Priestess.
The open gate behind her is a wonderful touch.
You can see the blue behind her and the bit of darker blue at the bottom can be the sea for me.
The gate gives an airy yet closed off feeling.
Now I can almost imagine that she is in a tower alcove, high above the sea.

The little angel bringing her the book is so sweet .
Also imparts the feeling of secret knowledge and the fact that we never stop learning.
I think the skirt fabric works very well, beautiful yet subtle.

baba-prague

Hi Hedera - well the picture is darker in fact - but not too much so. We have put a slight grey/blue tone on it - it has darkened it and made it less sunny. But that may not be very apparent.

Have to say I am happier with it and the final one will be more like this. The only thing Alex and I disagreed with on the first is that I found it too beige (to be honest - though I wasn't planning to do much about that until general colour adjustment later on).

Maybe we simply won't agree on the figure above, but that's perhaps because I know her well and have my own view of what she means (which doesn't mean I'm right!)
It's a figure we have had a photo of for some time. The light to me isn't "God" in a conventional sense (although in some ways it may have been originally used that way). It's more a kind of divine light - not necessarily something outside. I tend to think of the HP as a Delphic Oracle type - there is some structure around her (she isn't The Hermit) but she is about a quiet and inner wisdom.

Anyway, I don't think she will change very much more, though as I keep saying none of these cards is totally finished yet.