Qabalah?

HOLMES

one thing that has alwasy gotten my goat is

every quotes that book ,
there is ten no more no less.

by one man saying that they have made that a commandant of the tree of life, but suppose his knowledge was the highest it could get back then with knowledge,,
but as we evolved the daath would become a sphere (some say it is the sphere we are supposed to make ourselves , the abyss)

so the phrase ten no more no less becomes defunct ?

it just gets my goat for everytime i try to explore the daath as a sphere that quote alwasy get thrown in my face.
i mean look at astrology and how much we understand due to astronomy .
i am sure qabbalah will change more in the next 2000 years

jmd

Though aspects of astrology have been quite enriched by its astronomical explorations (which at one stage were part and parcel of the same), the basic 'structure' remains the same: twelve (though some want to claim thirteen) zodiacal constellations upon the ecliptic.

Similarly, it may be that the ten emanations are not a reflection of the limitations of the individual(s) concerned who wrote on the same, but a reflection of the (spiritual) underpinnings of creation.

With regards to Da'at, I have also extracted a paper I delivered to an SRIA College (equivalent of a Lodge, and the SRIA is the order, still in existence, from which the Golden Dawn arose) about 12 years ago - the post in the Qabalah - Tree of Life - Da'at(h) thread remains, however, in the subscriber-only area.

Within that post (and paper), I wrote
  • 'Da'at is not a sephirah, an emanation, of the Divine, it is an emanation of the creation, of us.
In that sense, I tend to very much agree with your comment...

Kiama

I know a little about Qabalah, but not enough to add to what has already been said. I mostly use it in terms of Tarot.

However, I thought I would recommend a wonderful book:

The Mystical Qabalah by Dion Fortune.

A wonderful, wonderful, wonderful book that was recommended to me over and over again until I bought it. And now I have, I'm recommending it too. :D

Blessings,

Kiama