Cyphers & Sephirs

Sauwelios

I have just developed what I think is a highly innovative method of understanding the Tree of Life and name-numerology [by combining the two]. I will take myself as an example.

The Tree of Life is, of course, a blueprint of the human being: Geburah and Chesed are the arms, Netzach and Hod are the legs etc.

I will refer to the positions of the Sephiroth by Roman numbers in this post: for instance, Kether is I, Hod is VIII etc.

Well then. My full name at birth has the same numerology, or at least the same Personality-, Soul-, and Integrated Self-number as the word Kamikaze: 7, 7, and 5 respectively [a = 1, i = 9, another a, and e = 5 together makes 7; this is my Soul-number. 7 Personality-number + 7 Soul-number = 14 = 1 + 4 = 5 Integrated Self.]

I say the full birth-name makes up the Higher Self, the Supernal Triad. In my case, Kether is 5, Chokmah [II] is 7, and Binah [III] is also 7. The Chokmah-7 is my Soul-number, whereas the Binah-number's my Personality-number. The reason I identify the Soul with Chokmah is that it's on the Pillar of Mercy, the Pillar of Force. The Soul is the life-force which animates the Body, the life-form. Likewise, the Personality-number reflects how others see you and how you see yourself, that is to say your APPEARANCE, what is on the outside. Therefore I have identified the Personality-number with the Pillar of Severity, the Pillar of Form.

Well then. We now have attributed the Integrated Self, the Soul, and the Personality to Kether, Chokmah and Binah respectively. Now the Supernal Triad is mirrored in Daäth, and the mirror-image is found on the other side of the Abyss. But beneath the Abyss there is not one but TWO Triads; this is because with Knowledge [Daäth], there arises the idea of duality. This is reflected in the division of the Integrated Self, the full name at birth, into the Soul and Personality, the vowels and consonants respectively. This is, by the way, more evidence for my thesis: the vowels are fluid, like the Soul, like Force, and fill in the spaces left by the consonants, like a river between its banks. We can also compare the consonants to matter and the vowels to spirit.

Now Kether has its gravity-point in itself, whereas Chokmah has it in Tiphareth [6], and Binah has it in Yesod [9]. Let us fill this in on our Tree [it would be best if you made a sketch of this on a scrap of paper]. Kether 5, Chokmah 7, Binah 7, Tiphareth 7, and Yesod 7. You can also fill in Malkuth which is Kether, for 10 = 1 + 0 = 1. So Malkuth on our Tree, X, is 5. We have now filled in all of the middle Pillar [except Daäth, which indeed isn't a Sephira].

Let us look below the Abyss now, first at the third Triad [for reasons that should become clear to you]. Its "Kether", that is, Yesod [on the middle Pillar], is 7. Now I tell you that in my case [and this is my chart, remember: my name, my graph, my BODY we're systemising!], my Personality-number [and this is the Binah-7 in Yesod] is made up as follows: the name I write under, Sauwelios, is my image: my self-image and my image for others. It has everything to do with my Holy Guardian Angel, at which we shall arrive momentarily.

The numerology of "Sauwelios" is 1 + 6 = 7: its Personality- or consonant-number is 1, its Soul-number is 6, and the number of the Integrated Self is 7. This 7 is the same as the first 7 in 7 + 7 = 5. I bid you to make this "leap of faith" and just suppose that what I say is true. I do not have "Sauwelios" as a handle for nothing.

Well then. The number of my Personality is 7; but this is the Integrated Self of my Personality, my Integrated Personality if you like. It is really made up of an outside and an inside. The outside, the Personality-number of my Personality, is 1. The inside, the Soul of my Personality, is 6. Let us fill this in. We already had Yesod is 7; now we can fill in Hod [VIII] is 1, and Netzach [VII] is 6.

From this it follows that my Soul-number is also made up of a Soul- and Personality-number, and indeed, opposite to my Personality ["Sauwelios"]! For the sum of this 1 + 6 = 7 and my Soul-number must remain 5. This can only be the case if my Soul-number is also 7 [which it is], in the formula of 6 + 1 = 7. 1 + 6 = 7 PLUS 6 + 1 = 7 IS 7 + 7 = 5. So my Soul-number 7 = 6 + 1.

So we can fill in Geburah [V] is 6, Chesed [IV] is 1, and of course Tiphareth [VI] is 7. To recapitulate: I is 5, II is 7, III is 7, IV is 1, V is 6, VI is 7, VII is 6, VIII is 1, IX is 7 and X is 5.

_5
7 7

6 1
_7
1 6
_7
_5

jmd

Welcome to Aeclectic, Sauwelios.

Normally, discussions related to Kabalah are placed in an area now restricted to Subscribers, though I am under the impression that a new Kabalah section may soon be added too - I'll just have to await this development on Solandia's site.

With regards to your personal system, you'll find here various personal systems have also been outlined. Amongst others, Ravenswing, AmounrA and I have at various times presented some which vary not only amongst themselves, but also deviate from the more commonly known (because written about or adopted by various authors) personal system of the Golden Dawn. One of the difficulties is that though many may indeed read it, it becomes more difficult to make appropriate commentary. It remains, after all, one's own system.

With regards to what you present, it sometimes helps if I try to re-iterate it for myself.

If I have read you correctly, you firstly use a numerological system as popularised by Taylor in the early parts of the 19th century, with the letters, in alphabetical order, assigned the numbers 1-9 allocated in repeated fashion (ie, a=1, b=2, ... i=9, j=1, k=2, l=3, ...&c).

As per a number of more classical views, you also consider (with which I personally agree, by the way), that the vowels reflect a 'soulful' quality, whereas the consonants are more like the body's physical frame (on some of the details we may have differing views).

As such, you also differentiate between the total value of one's name (as generated by transposing the letters' values for these) - calling such the 'Integrated Self' (in your case, 5); the Personality value (generated by only the consonants - and in your case, 7); and the Soul value (generated by its vowels - in your case, again 7).

This gives you a set of three values, the first of which is the sum of the other two (with the above numbers, 7+7=14, which reduces to the single digit 5 by addition of 1 and 4).

So, going to the Tree of Life, you place these three values in a number of places.

Firstly, the 'Integrated Self' number (5), is placed in Keter, and reflected in Malkut. So both of these have the same number 5 in them.

The 'Soul'/vowel value (7), in Hockmah, and reflected in Tifaret. So, similarly, each of these has 7 in them.

The 'Personality'/consonant value ('coincidentally' 7 again) is placed in Binah, and reflected in Yesod... again giving each of these the same number.

So far, to summarise a little, and for everyone using your system, a person's name, numerologically speaking, will be reduced to a single-digit number. This value will be placed in Keter and Malkut, the vowel-only single-digit value will be placed in Hockmah and Tifaret, and the consonant-only single-digit value will be placed in Binah and Yesod.

This leaves the 'reflected' triangle egdes of Hesed - Geburah, and those of Netzah - Hod to be further understood as forming, respectively with the central Sefirot of Tifaret and Yesod already allocated, the values of vowels and consonants of the name which not necessarily one has been given, but rather uses...

But here I now remain a little muddled. For example, if my 'handle' does not add to the same as my 'Personality' or 'Soul' number - or indeed, if, as in my case, I do not have a vowel in this name, how ouwld one proceed?

Sauwelios

Thank you for your reply. You seem to have understood me completely, and even made a summary of my post more clear than the original, up to a certain point.

That point is where I introduce my handle. Note, though, that I did not say everyone should use his handle here. I would rather suggest that one CREATE a handle based on one's findings.

Of course the Soul-number, in my case the 7 in Tiphareth [I follow the Crowley-version of the spelling here, just a personal preference], consists solely of vowels. It is merely a 'coincidence' that my handle reflects my Personality.

One can proceed from the "Integrated Soul" and "Integrated Personality" [in my case 7 and 7] as follows:

Not only should Geburah and Chesed add up to Tiphareth, and Netzach and Hod up to Yesod, but also Hod and Geburah add up to Binah, and Netzach and Chesed up to Chokmah. Even so, the numbers can be divided in 9 different ways [not to mention the Master numbers].

Looking at my case again, I could also say my Soul-number is made up of 5 and 2, whereas my Personality is made up of 2 and 5; or of 4 and 3 and 3 and 4 respectively; etcetera etcetera.

I think one had better leave Malkuth out, by the way, because it might confuse things. Malkuth is the new Kether, the Kether on a new Tree. Without Malkuth, the numbers on each Pillar below the Abyss add up to the number above the Abyss.

Another example: if "Sauwelios" were my full name at birth, then Kether would be 7, Chokmah 6, Binah 1, Tiphareth 6, and Yesod 1.

_7
1 6

x y
_6
z a
_1

If I choose to divide my "6" in half, so x and y are both 3, then z must be 7 and a be 3.

_7
1 6

3 3
_6
7 3
_1

It is, therefore, a personal choice how you divide them. Note, however, that Hod and Chesed are centered in themselves [being the Personality of the Personality and the Soul of the Soul respectively]. This means that Geburah and Netzach are always the same!

Sauwelios

So the full formula is:

_3
1_2

x_y
_2
z_x
_1

_3