Kabbalah as fashion?

joya250

yikes! I just saw this article in a recent issuse of People (the 50th beautiful people issue)... about Kabbalah, and how it is now "trendy." Ugh. Give me a break! They even advertised Kabbalah bottled water(!!!), among other things, and listed some celebs that studied it.

On one hand, maybe this article will expose people to Kabbalah who may not have normally heard of it. On the other ---- ARGH!!! Do they have to commercialize everything?? Is EVERYTHING for sale? GRRRRR.

okay. just had to vent.

actually, the article made me laugh it was so ridiculous.

:) joya

HOLMES

it is a good thing,

for we grow in stages,
remember the angels "fad" i prefer to think of it as a cycle,

many people will get introduce to the kabbalah, and might see some of these concepts incorpated more into movies, or tv shows eheh

probaly see a lean too more towards kabbalistic numerology and kabalistic astrology in books in the next 5 years.

alreayd there is the greek qabbalah, and a the new aeon english qabbalah ( which i dont think it came out yet )

when the fad is over and people move on to the next one.
some of us will keep the good things and use those principles and concept to change social consciousness in the times to come in our little way
yay

jmd

I don't know what kind of Newspaper or Magazine 'People' is, but presume it reflects more the paper than the discipline and tradition of Kabbalah.

My response is both like joya250's and Holmes's at the same time. On the one hand, somewhat annoyed that oft things sacred get mis-represented and downright simplistically shredded for the sake of ... what? I'm not sure: is it that someone has just discovered this 'new' thing and wants to share it; or is it that here is a different angle by which to market either paper or product; or...?

On the other hand, how numerous the paths to the sacred. At times, by steps quite mis-shapen. I trust that when proper investigations of the Kabbalah are entered, the 'faults' of the article are corrected. This doesn't, by the way, mean that I support errors. Quite the contrary, and perpetuated errors become ever so much more difficult to clarify with time.

Thanks for bringing this article to light, joya250... as to Kabbalah becoming 'trendy', I never realised there was ever a time it wasn't ;)

inanna_tarot

With the Beckhams and other celebs being part of this Kabbalah centre in the US ( i think ) i makes me feel abit thick as Kabbalah still doesnt click with me!! GRR lol How humiliating :p

Sezo
x

Fulgour

In his novel, Jailbird, Kurt Vonnegut has Mary Kathleen O'Looney
ask Walter F. Starbuck to explain the relevance of People
magazine to her.

"It isn't about people at all," she says. "It's about crap!"

So it goes.