Touchstone Tarot Kat Black

delizt

Hi all,

Does anyone use this deck? How do you feel it compares to her Golden Tarot? For some reason, I never really looked at it before now.

However, I just found the Kunati Edition on Tarot Garden (for a reasonable price!!) and am suddenly taken in by it!!

greatdane

CONGRATS, Delizt! BUT I thought it was no longer

available like this as it is oop? May I ask how reasonable without asking an actual price? :)

MoonGypsy

I thought it was OOP and the few times I did search for it awhile back I never found it available anywhere..

but here's the link

http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique...Touchstone+Tarot+(Kunati+Edition)&pageenter=0

It definitely IS out of print, even Tarot Garden says so...
Kunati closed their business a few years ago--
that is the main reason the Touchstone went OOP. Perhaps TG purchased some left over stock
or something...
i am only speculating...but that would make sense...

That is a super price they have for it...

delizt

that's what I thought...from the link it's OOP but I am delighted to have found one!!!

I like the faces, I think it may be more "readable" for me...the Golden is one of my favorites but it sometimes can seem a bit remote.

Padma

I love this deck. The cards all feature faces - everyone in the deck looks right out at you, and into your eyes. This deck is not only beautiful to behold - it speaks volumes, mostly about your inner nature, and also the inner nature of other people. It is a great deck to use when asking questions about other people - their actions, their motives, etc.

The fact that everyone faces out in this pack is also what makes it uncomfortable to use for some people. So if you are one of those people who find direct eye contact difficult, then it may not be your cup of tea. On the other hand, if you are fascinated by people, and love looking into their eyes, then this deck will really be a workhorse for you! :)

It really is gorgeous, and comes lovingly packaged, like the Golden, and uses classical art as well, as you will have seen. She did a great job on this one. I wish I had the limited edition of it, in fact. I have been told it is even more exquisite than the MM version (which I also got through Tarotgarden).

Another thing to note - the suits each have their own colour; Cups are all dressed in blue; Wands all wear red, etc. This makes it easy, in a larger spread, to identify the suit numbers present immediately. It is a great deck to read intuitively with, as the images are all rich in colour and detail.

Are you enabled yet...? :laugh: ;)

Rhinemaiden

Buy it... it's available at a great price, you won't regret owning it. I have both the Golden and the Touchstone.

Kunati published only 2 decks... the Touchstone and the Quantum. Beautifully printed and packaged in a sturdy two-part box. I may not read with them, but I"m glad they're part of my collection.

EDITED TO FIX ERROR.... Kunati did NOT publish the Golden as I earlier stated. Mea culpa. :(

greatdane

Rhinemaiden...didn't they publish the Touchstone?

I see you mentioned the Golden and the Quantum as the only two decks....?

I don't have any of these, but saw it looks like they did the Touchstone? Or not?

Just asking as I don't know Kunati or have these decks.

MoonGypsy

I see you mentioned the Golden and the Quantum as the only two decks....?

I don't have any of these, but saw it looks like they did the Touchstone? Or not?

Just asking as I don't know Kunati or have these decks.

Not the Golden, [i think Rhine Maiden must have meant the Touchstone]

USGames published the Golden. Kunati published the 2nd edition of the Touchstone and

the first edition of the Quantum. :) [i don't recall who published the 2nd edition of the Quantum]

Padma

It definitely IS out of print, even Tarot Garden says so...
Kunati closed their business a few years ago--
that is the main reason the Touchstone went OOP. Perhaps TG purchased some left over stock
or something...
i am only speculating...but that would make sense...

That is a super price they have for it...

Yup, that is the case, as I learned from the owner of TG when I ordered the deck. And yes, it is a super price! I think altogether I paid about $40 to both buy it, and have it shipped to Canada. (it is a heavy brick of a deck!) They are awesome at Tarot Garden!