London Lore Tarot...

Tanga

Well! Bumped into a friend - and discovered he's secretly been working on his own deck!
Now on it's 1st print run (self published).
Quite delightful - the London Lore Tarot highlights sections of rather interesting history and folklore in London
(UK :) ).
Available in-store at Treadwells books of Bloomsbury London,
or go to this web link:
https://londonloretarot.wordpress.com

I'm having a wildly busy week...can't wait to get to the weekend so I can delve into it.

More views of the deck:

Attachments

• LondonLoreTarot.jpg
    LondonLoreTarot.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 726
  • LondonLoreTarot2.jpg
    LondonLoreTarot2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 691
  • LondonLoreTarot3.jpg
    LondonLoreTarot3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 563

Morwenna

Interesting! I'd like to see more. (Is Bleeding Heart Yard real? I only know it from Dickens...)

Pipistrelle

This looks really interesting - I love London folklore. Thank you for the heads-up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decan

Interesting! I guess the Devil card could be Jack the Ripper?

Tanga

Interesting! I'd like to see more. (Is Bleeding Heart Yard real? I only know it from Dickens...)

Will take some photos on the weekend.
Yes - Bleeding heart yard is in Farringdon. You can google.

Interesting! I guess the Devil card could be Jack the Ripper?

Yes. :)

nisaba

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. Now I'm gonna have to part with money ... <sigh> ... <clicks "buy now">

nisaba

With nine pounds' postage, it comes to $68 Aussie. Twenty-five years ago, decks were $40 and deck-and-book sets were $90, so this represents real value-for-money, and isn't even painful, given that today money came into my account.

(And obviously flowed straight out again).

RavenOfSummer

Oh I love this too! As a Yankee who lived in London for two years after college, I often think of my fond memories of the city and feel nostalgia for all things London. I used to travel back somewhat frequently but haven't been in a few years now.

decan

Ah! I was quite sure about this!
Actually I know the essential things about London (like a londoner! lol): "God save the Queen", "Jack the Ripper", "Big Ben" and "Covent Garden"! :D

danieljuk

@tanga good find!
I think I am legally required to buy this as it's London and plus it's cute! shall get it after Christmas when I have more money to spend I think! :) :thumbsup: