The Tarot Pack

Lee

That deck has been around for a while, at least 14 years. It was originally released as the Mystic Meg Tarot and then as the Mystic Tarot. I like it a lot!

CharlotteK

I got this in The Works on a 2 for £10 deal. It's a really nice set of cards, fairly small, good cardstock. The book is pretty good, very Mystic Meg :) She says in the intro to the book about wanting to create a deck and working with Caroline Smith. Pips are unillustrated and suits have been changed slightly (swords are birds) but the artwork is lovely. Definitely worth the money!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Le Fanu

Definitely worth repackaging this deck, with its distinctive artwork and giving it a new name.

For those who know Mystic Meg from the slot on the UK National Lottery draw, it's good to have the deck shed its cheesiness and reinvent itself.

I like Caroline Smith's tarot artwork - (wish I could find an affordable copy of the Moon Oracle) - and it's good to see this one stand up on its own.

I never could face having a Mystic Meg deck on my tarot shelf but I might get this one!

Patrick Booker

i knew that Caroline Smith was the artist for the Mystic Meg Tarot, but I didn't realise that this was the same deck. There seems to be a new version not yet published and more expensive:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Taro...83308213&sr=1-1&keywords=caroline+smith+tarot

I picked up the Moon Oracle quite cheap years ago, I think from a discount bookshop. I wish that I had bought the Runic Tarot when it was cheaper.

She is apparently working on a new deck:

http://www.astrop.org/new-elemental/occult.htm

Patrick

CharlotteK

The packaging looks exactly the same on both editions. Wonder what the difference is? The book in the cheap one is definitely authored by Mystic Meg. It is fairly indepth and includes little predictions with a distinctive Meg voice (I have a soft spot for her, cheesy and all). Perhaps the new version comes with a different book? Hard to tell.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Patrick Booker

The earlier edition is almost sold out, at least from this seller. maybe that is the explanation.

Patrick

Le Fanu

I was in The Works last week in the UK and had a scout around for tarot bargains as I know they sometimes have them but it was just the Cachet Tarot and nothing else :(

Shame as I'd have bought it.

Pipistrelle

Thanks for the heads up about this Patrick. There was one left in stock from The Works on Amazon so I snapped it up. £5.99 including shipping. I love Caroline Smith's style of art!