Can the 4 of pentacles be ''laying down a solid foundation''?

tarot_quest

I've always found the Thoth 4 of Disks instructive in this regard. It shows what looks like a fortress in "defensive lock-down," but both the inner and outer gates appear to be open and there is a road leading away from it (although Crowley insists on making us think it is a "channel of elimination," not of ingress and egress). On the other hand, maybe leaving behind a "constipated" situation is what is being suggested, another kind of "movement."

Yes! I like that you used the word constipated! I already used this exact word with the 4 of pentacles when doing readings for others. Importantly, the 4 of pentacles was the first card of a 3 card draw. I more than often see the first card as containing the energy of the recent past and present situation. So this take is very nice: leaving a constipated situation.

Thanks Barleywine. I just looked at the 4 of pentacles (Thoth) for the first time, and it's interesting to see a door (very suggestive!). What I like about Marseilles cards is that as much as the pipes are simple, you can ''add'' any image you want on the card (mentally) to draw your own interpretation. It is fluid in that sens.