9 of cups and Ace of wands

think

So last night I was doing some readings for some friends and one of my friends asked me for a general reading on her life...

9 of cups and Ace of wands appeared in the initial cards of a bigger spread.

Then she asked a question about her ex's feelings for her... I pulled 3 cards for this and 9 of cups and Ace of wands appeared.

Another question, I can't remember what, yielded the same two cards again.

And then finally I did an overall relationship spread and again - for the current situation, we got 9 of cups and for the issues pertaining to the current situation, the ace of wands.

The cards were thoroughly shuffled each time and in between I was also doing readings for other people present.

So my thinking is that together these cards talk about the emotional bond still being present, happiness, fondness, and also a wish, but a need for communication, a burst of energy, in order to turn it into something meaningful. The 9 of cups follows the choices in the 7 of cups (he was back and forth with her a bit) and the leaving behind in the 8 of cups (they are not on speaking terms now), with a renewal, or an acceptance. My guess is that things are calmer, and if there could be a spark ignited (ace of wands), their connection could be lit up again, if no spark then it's an ending.

Any thoughts?

JoyousGirl

Is your friend actively going after things she wants in life or does she wait for things to come to her? A bit of wishful thinking not backed by any effort? I think there may be a bit of movement needed in her situation. She may be content about things, sitting and waiting, when she needs to think or anticipate the next move and then move forward.

think

Is your friend actively going after things she wants in life or does she wait for things to come to her? A bit of wishful thinking not backed by any effort? I think there may be a bit of movement needed in her situation. She may be content about things, sitting and waiting, when she needs to think or anticipate the next move and then move forward.
Thanks! That makes sense. She is a bit afraid to show too much active pursuing of things. This did come up in our chat. She is kind of waiting for a dialogue to begin with him to get closure.

Altamira

I might assume that they both are still attracted to each other and the spark of sexual tension between them is still there ready to start the fire again and that possibly this is a wish he/ they have. Since they don't talk now it is at the sphere of wishful thinking? But the reading possibly suggests that this is likely to happen, if someone initiates the conversation and they meet again depending on the overall reading?

think

I might assume that they both are still attracted to each other and the spark of sexual tension between them is still there ready to start the fire again and that possibly this is a wish he/ they have. Since they don't talk now it is at the sphere of wishful thinking? But the reading possibly suggests that this is likely to happen, if someone initiates the conversation and they meet again depending on the overall reading?

Thanks for your interpretation.

I'm quite astounded, the more I think of those cards. I did another reading for this girl today and got the 9 of cups again. It wasn't in relation to the ex... I wonder if it's something specific about her. Happiness or some emotional fulfillment.

She said that they ended suddenly and she felt highly attracted to him still, she wishes deep down that he is attracted still. But she's not sure they would ever meet or speak again.

I would agree with this tho, thanks!

Barleywine

I think the sequence of these cards is important to tell whether that Ace of Wands energy is "coming or going." If the 9 of Cups is first, the Ace of Wands could show the impulse to seek something new and different from the unvarying evenness of the 9 of Cups. The two are elementally unfriendly, so I don't really see them "pulling together" very well. So the Ace moves on.

If the Ace of Wands is first, it could be like trying to use a small spark to light a fire in wet wood. The 9 of Cups can be lethargic and the Ace of Wands wouldn't be especially inspired by it. So the Ace would withdraw and possibly wait for a better time to try again.

think

I think the sequence of these cards is important to tell whether that Ace of Wands energy is "coming or going." If the 9 of Cups is first, the Ace of Wands could show the impulse to seek something new and different from the unvarying evenness of the 9 of Cups. The two are elementally unfriendly, so I don't really see them "pulling together" very well. So the Ace moves on.

If the Ace of Wands is first, it could be like trying to use a small spark to light a fire in wet wood. The 9 of Cups can be lethargic and the Ace of Wands wouldn't be especially inspired by it. So the Ace would withdraw and possibly wait for a better time to try again.

Hey Barleywine, thanks for this!

I hadn't thought about that, at all! Wow.

The 9 of cups was first at least twice, followed directly by the Ace of wands. I remember being astonished both of those times. I guess they followed the CC reading.

Yeah, I was a bit puzzled about the two being together, don't seem related at all. That makes sense.

Sharla

9 cups and ace wands are not good together being fire and water.

This is going to cause tension, difficulties, setbacks and obstacles to be overcome first for the ace wands to ignite.

So going on this reading for your friend, then this would be that she is a true "idealist" in r'ship matters, she has an idealized image of how the r'ship should be. Even if things are bad she will not make out to people that things are not, she will still make out like everything is ok.

She can also be very self sacrificing in r'ships in order to make them work....she will give a hell of a lot and maybe wont get back nearly as much as she puts out, causing at times for her kind nature to be taken advantage of.

Shes very sensitive and kind and caring, and is very well liked with people....so its nothing actually wrong with her herself, its just in the r'ship shes in shes not seeing the bigger picture of whats going on.....and unfortunately is prone to being taken advantage of due to how she is, but this wouldn't be with every guy, its just who she's with now.

How she is with him is basically putting the wand energy out......but NO this is not her fault, and she shouldn't change for anyone.

think

9 cups and ace wands are not good together being fire and water.

This is going to cause tension, difficulties, setbacks and obstacles to be overcome first for the ace wands to ignite.

So going on this reading for your friend, then this would be that she is a true "idealist" in r'ship matters, she has an idealized image of how the r'ship should be. Even if things are bad she will not make out to people that things are not, she will still make out like everything is ok.

She can also be very self sacrificing in r'ships in order to make them work....she will give a hell of a lot and maybe wont get back nearly as much as she puts out, causing at times for her kind nature to be taken advantage of.

Shes very sensitive and kind and caring, and is very well liked with people....so its nothing actually wrong with her herself, its just in the r'ship shes in shes not seeing the bigger picture of whats going on.....and unfortunately is prone to being taken advantage of due to how she is, but this wouldn't be with every guy, its just who she's with now.

How she is with him is basically putting the wand energy out......but NO this is not her fault, and she shouldn't change for anyone.
Thanks Sharla!

She is a very sweet person. I'm not sure what she was like in the relationship, since she kind of joined in with our group much more after she split with him, but she is like you say, sensitive and kind and caring, and well liked.

I guess that is true... I never expected them to split, she never once said anything was wrong, and I know we weren't as close friends then, but still.

So that makes a lot of sense, but they have split now. Hopefully she will find someone where she doesn't lose herself in the relationship.

Sharla

Thanks Sharla!

She is a very sweet person. I'm not sure what she was like in the relationship, since she kind of joined in with our group much more after she split with him, but she is like you say, sensitive and kind and caring, and well liked.

I guess that is true... I never expected them to split, she never once said anything was wrong, and I know we weren't as close friends then, but still.

So that makes a lot of sense, but they have split now. Hopefully she will find someone where she doesn't lose herself in the relationship.

Sorry my bad, didnt even read your first post properly...so this was an ex.

So yes this is why they split then.....oh well, i'm sure there will be someone else out there for her who values how she is as a person....as no one should have to change how they are to please the other.

And btw being the 9 cups person she never would say anything was wrong...its all smiles from her like everything's great, when really its not.