Judgement as best action to take

think

This is in a relationship spread. I'm a bit stumped... could it mean inner work? Like healing or some kind of realisations to be made?

elena_jaymz

Hi think, to me Judgement here could be about the fact there's a truth that's being constantly repressed. Probably although the sitter knows his/her needs aren't being met in the relationship (or maybe he/she is having another problem), he/she doesn't want to talk about that with the partner, but at the same time he/she is suffering for the situation of course. The sitter needs instead to listen to that inner call and act upon it.

Just my 2 cents.

Isobel Gaudie

Revealing the truth would be more of a tower moment for me.
Judgment often stood in my readings for taking stock and making a decision. Like looking back at the past. The negative, the positive. What worked or did not work for you and how to proceed. As an advice this could call for a decision to seek common ground or call it quits, renew, change.

I like to see Judgement as the verdict in comparison to Justice which would be the trial.

Maybe a bit blunt.

Thirteen

Two types of truth, and what action to take

This is in a relationship spread. I'm a bit stumped... could it mean inner work? Like healing or some kind of realisations to be made?
Not realizations so much as the couple must stop fighting denial or resisting doing what must be done. In Judgement you face and admit your wrongs, and forgive the other person their wrongs. Think Alchoholics Annoymous. The person must face what they did, talk to those they did it to, and make amends.
Hi think, to me Judgement here could be about the fact there's a truth that's being constantly repressed.
There are different kinds of "Truth" to realize, and the Tower is just one such. It's truth is one that the person didn't see at all. Not till they opened the door and caught their lover in bed with someone else. They didn't even suspect! That's why it's a shock to them. They thought everything was solid and fine, but by the lightning flash, they see it's a crumbling wreck. All they can do is stand there stunned, re-thinking everything.

But, as Elena said, this might be a truth "suppressed" meaning the person knows what the truth is. They've known for a while and they've been pretending it's not true, because if they acknowledge it, they're going to have to act on it. Like the fact that, years ago, you accused your ex of cheating on you...but you knew they weren't. You just wanted to justify your discontent with them. If you finally acknowledge this truth, you'll have to contact that person, admit your fault and apologize.

The Tower doesn't say what actions the person will take after being rudely awakened to this truth. Only that they're going to have to find a way to rebuild that tower so that this time it is solid, not false. But Judgement does say what action must be taken; not only must the person revisit this truth they've been ignoring, but they must make amends, or forgive, or do whatever is necessary to lay this unresolved thing to rest. Doing this will allow them to move on.

Barleywine

In a less psychological sense, Judgement can mean closing one chapter, opening a new one and taking a definite step into the future. Since it shows an opportunity for renewal, it suggests not trying to resist the inevitable, just "let it happen." I just had this as the outcome card for a reading about a client's entrepreneurial aspirations, but it was reversed. It showed that the opportunity to get out of her current career rut is coming, just not today or tomorrow. The rest of the spread (which was all reversed in the developmental axis) showed that she had quite a lot of self-work to do first, but she has the talent (Magician) and the inspiration (High Priestess) to take advantage of the opportunity when it emerges.

think

Hi think, to me Judgement here could be about the fact there's a truth that's being constantly repressed. Probably although the sitter knows his/her needs aren't being met in the relationship (or maybe he/she is having another problem), he/she doesn't want to talk about that with the partner, but at the same time he/she is suffering for the situation of course. The sitter needs instead to listen to that inner call and act upon it.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you.

When we were chatting about the reading, my friend said that she felt he was denying his and their truth. They are no longer a couple, but still both have feelings. So that could mean the opposite, he's not happy being apart, he wanted that and now he's suffering. This is, of course, what every sitter wants to hear. My friend would like to hear this, so I've been careful to avoid giving her false hope.

think

Judgment often stood in my readings for taking stock and making a decision. Like looking back at the past. The negative, the positive. What worked or did not work for you and how to proceed. As an advice this could call for a decision to seek common ground or call it quits, renew, change.

I like to see Judgement as the verdict in comparison to Justice which would be the trial.

Maybe a bit blunt.
Thank you.

Funny, in the same reading, the tower came up as the outcome.
Her best action to take is 5 pentacles. So quite an odd reading!

Yeah, they have split up but she says it was sudden and she doesn't get it really. So this would make sense. They are already split so seeking common ground could be it. Else just let go.

That verdict vs trial makes sense! So the trial has happened, no more evidence is coming to light, and he is making a decision.

think

Not realizations so much as the couple must stop fighting denial or resisting doing what must be done. In Judgement you face and admit your wrongs, and forgive the other person their wrongs. Think Alchoholics Annoymous. The person must face what they did, talk to those they did it to, and make amends.
Thank you for this, Thirteen.

She thinks that he is fighting denial, yeah. He wronged her, they hurt each other but his actions were ludicrous. He admitted to her that he had not been fair. She wants to move on from that though. I don't know how he feels.

There are different kinds of "Truth" to realize, and the Tower is just one such. It's truth is one that the person didn't see at all. Not till they opened the door and caught their lover in bed with someone else. They didn't even suspect! That's why it's a shock to them. They thought everything was solid and fine, but by the lightning flash, they see it's a crumbling wreck. All they can do is stand there stunned, re-thinking everything.
Funny, the outcome card for their relationship was the Tower. So more truth.

She thinks that he is in denial about his feelings and has made a big mistake, that one day soon will have an epiphany. I would think that many people feel this way.

But this makes a lot of sense, yeah.

But, as Elena said, this might be a truth "suppressed" meaning the person knows what the truth is. They've known for a while and they've been pretending it's not true, because if they acknowledge it, they're going to have to act on it. Like the fact that, years ago, you accused your ex of cheating on you...but you knew they weren't. You just wanted to justify your discontent with them. If you finally acknowledge this truth, you'll have to contact that person, admit your fault and apologize.
Yep. Making the Tower as outcome a bit of a strange one.

So perhaps he knows some truth, he just doesn't want it to be true, but once he does acknowledge it his life (and hers, since it's the outcome) will change because of it.

I see what you mean though. So he wouldn't necessarily want a renewal of the relationship even if he wanted some kind of repentance for hurting her.

The Tower doesn't say what actions the person will take after being rudely awakened to this truth. Only that they're going to have to find a way to rebuild that tower so that this time it is solid, not false. But Judgement does say what action must be taken; not only must the person revisit this truth they've been ignoring, but they must make amends, or forgive, or do whatever is necessary to lay this unresolved thing to rest. Doing this will allow them to move on.
This makes sense but also, since the outcome is the Tower, it is a bit of a paradox. A puzzle, anyway. I'm curious to see the outcome. I'll remember to update here if I hear of any changes.

Thanks again!

think

In a less psychological sense, Judgement can mean closing one chapter, opening a new one and taking a definite step into the future. Since it shows an opportunity for renewal, it suggests not trying to resist the inevitable, just "let it happen." I just had this as the outcome card for a reading about a client's entrepreneurial aspirations, but it was reversed. It showed that the opportunity to get out of her current career rut is coming, just not today or tomorrow. The rest of the spread (which was all reversed in the developmental axis) showed that she had quite a lot of self-work to do first, but she has the talent (Magician) and the inspiration (High Priestess) to take advantage of the opportunity when it emerges.

Ah thanks Barleywine. Makes sense, since they have been split for a couple of months, there are feelings on both sides, perhaps it is just him letting go for good. Or just steady progress toward moving on. Self-work, sure.

I hope your friend/client makes her business a huge success. That seems quite a revelation from your reading for her.

Thirteen

This makes sense but also, since the outcome is the Tower, it is a bit of a paradox.
Not really. This is the best action to take--meaning your friend need to acknowledge what truths she knows about him (what kind of person he is), the good and bad of the realtionship and forgive, accept, etc. This has nothing to do with him being in denial. That's not the "action" for your friend to take (confonting him about his denial or hoping he'll apologize). The action here is what your FRIEND must take. Or (depending on the question which you've yet to tell us) what they both must take to make things work. But just because they both should do it doesn't mean they will...or that your friend shouldn't do it until he does. It's still the best action for her to take at the moment.

The outcome, on the other hand, is something that will stun her about the relationship (or stun both of them). Something she (or both of them) didn't know--didn't even suspect. It might be good, it might be not good. All the tower says it that it will suprise her and maker her reassess everything.

So, you see, her acknowledgement of past truths that she's known and needs to acknowledge (action to take) is in no way at odds or paradoxical with her still being shocked and surprised by truths she never imagined or knew (outcome). Right?