kether, the devil, and the holy ghost

cartarum

anyone else notice the similarities between the dual nature of kether and the holy trinity? i could be mistaken, but i would like other opinions please.
~A~

jmd

It would be interesting to read that which you have noticed, cartarum.

There are various ways in which your comment about Keter could be taken:
  • in one regard, there is the oft repeated aspect of Keter being in Malkut as Malkut is in Keter (I personally suspect a Hermetic influence here);
  • in another sense, there is the aspect of Keter which touches the untouchable unmanifest - or the Ain Sof;
  • in a third sense, there are descriptions that each Sefirah includes within it a whole Tree.
There are undoubtedly other aspects which could be mentioned... but with each of these, I am unsure as to what connections between Keter, the Devil (which only seems to fit in the reflected or Tree created from the remains of the shattering - the Klipot), and the Holy Spirit (which may of course be, and has been, related to the Ain Sof).

Looking forward to being able to see what you saw, cartarum :)

cartarum

what im seeing

most of my theorys are apocryphic, if thats the right word. i personally beleive that the devil and the holy spirit are one and the same. pictorial representations of keter (apologies in advance for any misspelling) show a man with a veil covering half his face.
on the one side, you have satan. on the other, you have the holy spirit. one of satans jobs is to cull the weak. but really, how do you define weak? all things considered, it makes sense that if you cannot curb your ego, or overcome yourself, you are weak. in nature, the weak are destroyed.
of course, there is the old arguement; "i was raised in an evil environment by an evil man" and what have you. but that is why, i think, that there are the pillars, mildness and severity. if you were beaten, then it was severe, your test is "can he exercise mercy in spite of the way he was raised?" on the mildness scale,
the test is" can he overcome his ego, and his selfish desires?"
what do you think?