nine gates of hell

cartarum

i just had a thought alittle while ago. taking malkuth as the physical, "death and taxes" part of existence, then it almost seems like the nine remaining sepherot resemble the nine gates of hell.
also, it seems that all paths lead to ain soph any way. so whats the real point of any religion except to convince each of us that we are condemned, and that only through penance, payment, and obediance can we reach heaven. it seems to me, that religion itself is a mistake. is it about accountability? letting people know that what they are doing is wrong to god, so if they continue, they can be punished because they knew better? its not about forgetting the law either, because when you were a kid your parents warned you not to talk to strangers. yet you may have anyways.
in the new testament, it is said that if one holds a christian heart,
then their uncircumcision becomes circumcision. what this says to me, is that you need not worship in a church, or attend mass either. we just need to realize simple humanity, caring, compassion, just simple decency. the basic emotions which make us feeling, living souls. spirits in a fleshly body.
im sorry, jmd, for turning this thread into a philosophical rant. it wasent entirely unintentional, but i wont let it happen again.

Fulgour

I am unfamiliar with the 9 gates of hell. Is this from literature or a religious text, and do you have any links for researching further?

jmd

My understanding is that some have linked the concept of the Gates of Hell (as described in the Apocalypse) with the Klipotic (or reflected) Tree of Life.

Each of the lower (below Malkut) shells forms there, it is claimed by some, a mimicry of the Tree of Life.

Those who prefer to travel those paths, in my personal view, need to create their own paths, for it is not of the natural spiritual World, but rather reflects darkened shells not truely Sefirot.

I suppose that I would describe, if such a description makes any sense, the nine Sefirot above Malkut as 'gates' towards the Light, towards the highest heaven.

Psychologically, each has its potential dangers ('hells'), as can be seen in the description of the three Rabi who ascended, one to die, another to lose his mind...

Fulgour

thanks jmd

the revelation of st john the divine sure has its moments
(mine came as part of a gift from the mormons)