constructing the tree

Ravenswing

After the lightning flash, we've got the sephiroth. So, where and how do the paths originate?

Is their numbering a convience or is it a numeration of order of "creation"?

There's an entirely different look at the tree's construction here:

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/Book231/preface.htm

your thoughts?

fly well
Raven

jmd

In my opinion, the works of Bardon are under-known and undervalued amongst too many people...

But commenting directly on the link, the version of the Tree of Life given is one of the less commonly used one, and one which I do not personally consider holds the dynamism of other renditions: it is beautifully symmetrical, and a beautiful pattern to geometrically construct, but seems to lack some of the power and vitality of other representations.

With regards to the 32 paths of Wisdom, and though it has by now become quite common to link these to the 22 letters and 10 Sefirot, I am still unconvinced that this is what is principally referred to. Rather, the LB paths of Wisdom are contained precisely between those two letters: within the opening and closing of the Torah.

Some early representations of the Tree had not 22 connections between the Sefirot, but sometimes 16, and at other times none.

Of the numerous authors on Kabbalistically related literature, however, I find Franz Bardon one of the most thought provoking and least dogmatic, though quite emphatic in his views.

Fulgour

If you mark off the 10 Sefira on a glass tabletop
and then lay out the pathways using masking tape
you will see revealed stars, energy bursts reaching
and overlapping, so much as to wonder as to what
begins where or how they all interact as a unity.