Tarot - Four Worlds correspondence(s)

Parzival

Four Worlds -- Yetzirah

I have a question about Tarot/Four World correspondence. Is there a specific meditation for this? Not for the sephiroth or paths, which can be found in many books, but a basic meditation/ observation/visualization for the Four Worlds and Tarot, probably bringing in suits? I'm trying to work more with this dimension of Tarot.

jmd

There are none per se that come to mind, though Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki's Shining Paths includes meditative work within each Sefirah as well as along the 'paths' - note should be made that it follows the Golden Dawn views, with the limitations this brings.

I would probably recommend the works of Halevi's Kabbalah Society, as he favours, specifically, the use of four overlapping Trees.

Presumably, I also suspect that what is desired is that each Sefirah within each world links in some ways to a pip in descending fashion (à la Golden Dawn) - Halevi's work will not do this, but it should be noted that his work does bring especially psychological details and understanding of each layer.

jmd

I have also just realised that my above post does presume that the correspondences sought are for the pips and the Sefirot.

For myself, of course, I personally place the Atouts (Major Arcana) of the Tarot in pairs within each Sefirah on the path of ascent.

As I personally divide the Tree itself into the four worlds, it follows that various Atouts find themselves into the worlds as follows:
  • Atzilut:
  • World & Mat
  • Justice & Moon ← → Hermit & Sun

B'riah:
  • Chariot & Star ← → Lover & Tower
  • Pope & Devil

Yetzirah:
  • Emperor & Temperance ← → Empress & XIII
  • Papess & Hanged Man

Assiah:
  • Bateleur & Strength
In addition, I place X & XX in Da'at, which 'bridges' or straddles the Beriahic and Atzilutic worlds.

Parzival

Four Worlds

This is an area ready for some new contributions.
I like to make a column arrangement of the four aces, with wands highest, then cups below, then swords, and ace of pentacles for the foundation : Atziluth, Briah, Yetzirah, Assiah. The aces are the purest power of each world. With this arrangement, I proceed to think of how I am all four worlds ( and all us) in interdependent unity. But this needs much more exploration. Attunement meditation with Tarot.