Nicoletta Ceccoli - Five of Swords

Hemera

“As I Promised You” is the name of this picture which is from her exhibition called “Girls Don’t Cry”. I really like this picture a lot. The girl has a refreshingly fierce attitude towards the carrot (-or is it a beetroot?) -not that I have anything against carrots personally. :p
She is on a mission and she is certainly not going to cry over this vegetable. What is it that she has promised and to whom? Maybe she promised to herself to butcher the carrot that tasted so bad but that she had to eat nevertheless? Or did she promise to help mom with cooking although she would rather have wanted to play with friends? (She is wearing a white kitchen apron.) Or maybe -if she is a bigger girl- she wants to promise to start dieting and *only* eat carrots from now on and that makes her so angry and irritated?

The carrot looks worried and for good reason. There is certainly discord and open dishonour in the air and the situation doesn’t look too good for this vegetable.

LWB:
The situation is not winnable. Someone is not playing fair or the odds are just too great against you. Retreat and fight another day.
Key concepts: Defeat, injustice, malicious intentions.

Attachments

• Ceccoli Five Swords.jpg
    Ceccoli Five Swords.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 316