Devil and Wheel of Forture as outcome?

Wheeler5

Just wondering how you would read these two together in the outcome postion of a love spread. Could it mean feeling trapped in the situation as the devil represents bondage? Just having a difficult time interpreting the wheel/devil together.

lark

...Wheel sets things in motion and Devil has no boundaries....

Wheeler5

Well the individual I was reading for recently went through a break-up with her boyfriend. For the outcome of their situation I pulled these two cards. Would you say that based on this outcome he will be returning to her?

lark

I think she could lure him back with sex for a little while...but that's isn't much to base a long term relationship on.

Wheeler5

Thanks for your reply Lark! Given the circumstances I believe your interpenetration is pretty spot on. Anything paired with the devil for me makes me think of lust, temptations, and sex. Long term this relationship wouldn't work but it's nice to know for future readings.

lark

Thanks for your reply Lark! Given the circumstances I believe your interpenetration is pretty spot on. Anything paired with the devil for me makes me think of lust, temptations, and sex. Long term this relationship wouldn't work but it's nice to know for future readings.
Glad it helped...Devil in a relationship reading never bodes well, usually very focused on the sex side...sometimes it is a couple that has sex in common but he or she is a jokester...never wanting to be serious about anything and so slips out of making any emotional commitment through making light of every thing.

With married couples that have been together a long time it sometimes means they are shoppers...they entertain themselves with buying new stuff...it's what they have in common the need to hunt for new material goods that keeps them together.

Of course it depends on surrounding cards and question...but that has been some of my experiences with the Devil in relationships.

PurpleCrow

I'm new to the forum, so I really do hope I'm not stepping on any toes by replying here. :)

Personally, if I were to see these cards in a love outcome, I would interpret them as telling the querent that she knows this is/was a toxic relationship (Devil), and she now has a choice to either move forward or be trapped by it (WoF).

As to whether the pairing indicates he will return, again I would interpret the cards as telling her that the choice is up to her, with a caveat that the relationship will be unhealthy if he does.

kalistella

I associate the devil also with karmic bonds. With the wheel of fortune, it may be that she would be repeating the same problems again having not learnt the lesson first time around. I think it's a warning....if you see what I mean.

TheLovers

I associate the devil also with karmic bonds. With the wheel of fortune, it may be that she would be repeating the same problems again having not learnt the lesson first time around. I think it's a warning....if you see what I mean.

I was thinking something similarly along these lines. The wheel represents a cycle of ups and downs. The devil is what binds the querent to their relationship and the same issues will keep happening until they set themselves free.

KnightOfTheCosmos

I agree. I have gotten this combination before and from what I've seen it usually means that there is an unhealthy attachment in this relationship (devil). The Wheel of Fortune could mean that at this point, things are up in the air. But from a karmic standpoint, I agree with this reply. There may be something they both need to learn and, unless they learn this lesson, they will continue to gravitate towards each other.

I can't remember where I read this but the Devil and the Wheel of Fortune are karmic cards, and the Devil represents a codependent relationship, while the Wheel of Fortune means that they could be in the same "soul group". I see the Wheel of Fortune as a cycle. When they learn whatever lesson they are supposed to learn, they will break the cycle.

Hope this helps!